Medina, Ohio

I am thinking about releasing my Album on cassette and I have a dual cassette deck with dubbing capabilities. Just wondering if it is worth it, and where i can buy Bulk tapes WITH cases, it seems as if i can only find bulk without cases and i want to print out album art with them. Anyone have any opinions on this?

Last edited by dsv101 (Apr 19, 2012 11:43 pm)

バード大学
dsv101 wrote:

I am thinking about releasing my Album on cassette and I have a dual cassette deck with dubbing capabilities. Just wondering if it is worth it, and where i can buy Bulk tapes WITH cases, it seems as if i can only find bulk without cases and i want to print out album art with them. Anyone have any opinions on this?

I've considered this, as well, hipster as it is. I can say off the top of my head, Salvation Army tends to have shit-tons of blank cassettes in cases. There's one near my house that's even got shitloads of them stockpiled, still in the plastic wrap.

rochester, ny

not cassette but i did record a song with my reel to reel a few weeks ago.

http://chipmusic.org/nickmaynard/music/hashtag-2012

Medina, Ohio

Thanks dudes, will possibly go to my salvation army wink and nice song, sounds epic smile

sweden

Must be something similar to tapeline in the us?

brooklyn!

http://www.imposemagazine.com/store/two-oxen

graffiti monsters cassette release!

Joliette, QC, Canada

Zazi did some cassettes 2-3 years ago !
Shit was tight !

Godzilladelph
Helvetica Scenario wrote:
dsv101 wrote:

I've considered this, as well, hipster as it is. I can say off the top of my head, Salvation Army tends to have shit-tons of blank cassettes in cases. There's one near my house that's even got shitloads of them stockpiled, still in the plastic wrap.

Thrift stores are awesome for finding blank / reusable cassettes. They all have their own unique warbly-ness to them as well, which is always fun

detroit

^ skgb's cassette is icy, mang

Fargo

I'm going to one up you and release my stuff on reel to reel tape.  Booyah!  tongue  No, it's a cool idea.  I would offer other mediums though, because not too many people have tape players anymore.

shanghai

tapes are the best. i love my tape players in the kitchen and bathroom at home. because you cant skip to your current fav tracks like you do on mp3. i listened to amnesiac on tape this week and there were songs i heard that i didnt recognise.....but ive had the cd for like 10 years ! i hope tapes make a revival not just with hipsters. because if you buy a cd you just rip it to your computer and probably only play the cd if you have a car stereo. i dont know many people with a hi-fi anymore. I prefer the idea of a tape, nice long fold out artwork, characteristic tape warbles. but then im kinda in tape mode right now. just got some chrome tapes last night as im gonna record my new shit through multi track yamaha and release limited tapes. in this last year i bought kuedo-severant (planet mu) on tape and the Torus-torus. ep (sonic router) on tape. the later came with the b-side full of unreleased beats and shit. My favourite tape in the world is my ghoul skool tape from FTP. so yeah me likes tapes.

shanghai

also hyperboloid records (pixelords thang) release some dope dope beat tapes

Easton, PA, USA

awesome idea, ps this thread
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/3926/ … able-vol1/
Cassettes are cheap and plentiful, and nothing like getting a good one for the car. I still record stuff randomly with one, old habits. Just something about them, even abusing the speed settings or leaving them in the sun too long.

A gray world of dread

I am a very happy owner of this:
http://truechiptilldeath.com/blog/2009/ … xygenstar/

uhajdafdfdfa

my album "horse" is on cassette tape

Turku, FIN

i have one super rare