Boston, MA

i'm chris, from boston MA, trying to make chip & connect GB to renoise with arduinoboy. love GB programming & pixel art / demo creation, looking for talented ppl to work with on GB art/tools/demos...

BenCarignan wrote:

I'm a dude from Virginia (for now).

Getting a sex-change, are you?

defiantsystems wrote:

That trance track you made was one of my favorite songs I've ever heard out of LSDJ. No joke.

YEP

Vegasdiamond wrote:

Maastricht in the Netherlands which has no chiptune community at all!

http://eindbaas.org/
Or is it that Maastricht hasn't got a scene?
Still better than Belgium, though. Five guys on the other side of the country doing small gigs (8 bit Heroes), Einbaas is relativity big.
On the other hand, trains in the Netherlands are incredibly chaotic/expensive.

London

Hi I'm Jason. I'm from London and I've been making music with LSDJ since 2010. I've been a member of this forums for a little bit but I've never posted anything before c: For nearly a year now I've been experimenting with Ableton Live alongside LSDJ and it's turning out to be a good learning experience.

This site seems cool and I hope to stay. n__n

mysterystain wrote:

I'm Sean and I go by MysteryStain on forums and I'm relatively new here. Still trying to come up with a cool sounding chippy blippy name because MysteryStain sucks for chipmusik.
aussie chip scene 4 lyfe yo

MysteryStain is a good name for anything!

West Yorks, UK

Hey, been a member for over a year but not really posted a lot so I guess this intro thread is kind of relevant. Im a recent graphic design graduate, and try to dabble in chip/ electronic music now and then.
My favourite tools are Nanoloop 1.3/ 2.3, Mssiah, Ableton and spectrum BASIC.

Guess my real passion is retro gaming; fave genre must be shmups, followed by 2d beat em ups/ fighting games and run and guns. Absolute Street Fighter and Compile/ SNK nut.Pleased to meet all of yall with whom i've not spoken. If anyone wants to trade some games, get in touch wink

San Antonio, Texas

Yo. I'm not new here...I just didn't post a lot until this year.

Anyway, My name is Matt but I go by Star Fighter Dreams when doing chip music stuff.

I've been using LSDJ since 2008 but I've only recorded a few songs due to numerous cases of data corruption/cartridge crashes and general life-getting-in-the-way-of-doing-things type stuff.

Adelaide, Australia
MegaMantra wrote:

I've been lurking around for a bit now, but I'm definitely still new enough here to warrant an introduction.

The name's Brett, and until a few months ago I didn't even know what the word "tracker" meant.  I love every kind of music short of Country and the bad side of rap, but for some reason never lent much thought to making it until now.  Bounced around between a bunch of different programs for a little while before finally settling on LSDJ and Famitracker.  Still a student, so my life outside of chiptuning and media consumption isn't particularly eventful, but I do just fine - besides creating a musical legacy, I've promised myself I'm going to write a novel in the next 2 years or so. 

So far I've only really got a few neat loops and a quasi-song to my name (which you may have seen posted previously): http://chipmusic.org/megamantra/music/v-for-voxel
With any luck and a lot of practice that'll be changing soon smile

That's almost the same as my story, but no mention of FL studio.

I'm Sean, known as Tken A.D. Despite the last two letters of my name, I am not christian.

I'm also australian.

I make music using Famitracker, LSDJ emulator and a cracked version of FL studio. Most music i make sounds good when I write it, but then i delete it because it sounds crap. haven't found a remedy yet. will post something up when i have something good.

Sandman Time Key
0100110101111001001000000110111001100001011011010110010100100000011010010111001100100000010101000100101101100101011011100010000001000001001011100100010000101110

Last edited by Tken A.D. (May 16, 2012 1:45 am)

U.K

I'm Robby/SoupyDolphin (it's my XBL gamertag - feel free to add me!).

I've just started chiptuning, been at it for about 2 months or so I guess, and I'm using lsdj on a GB classic. Haven't recorded anything so far, but I'm hoping to change that in the coming weeks as I just finished uni and have loads of free time.

I'm based in the UK and am always down for going to and putting on chip events. I also love hearing from anyone who wants to collborate/hangout and make some music!

Anyway, glad to be here, looking forward to getting to know everyone. tongue

South Dakota

Hi, I am Jeremy/sgtcrispy.
I mostly just read the forums and comment occasionally. I attempt to make tunes with Sunvox for fun and for games that I also try to make.
Also I fiddle around with iOS nanoloop, LSDJ on a gbc or SP, Bleepola, and famitracker.
I'm one of those midwest chiptune fans that never gets to go to shows. (I'm looking at you blipfest...)
Triva: I first came across FT2 in 96/97 from a foreign exchange student who gave me a cd-r filled cracked games, ect.

AANABAY01

im zanzan, i released on pause and inpuj and refuse to play ze game

washington
shitbird wrote:
mysterystain wrote:

I'm Sean and I go by MysteryStain on forums and I'm relatively new here. Still trying to come up with a cool sounding chippy blippy name because MysteryStain sucks for chipmusik.
aussie chip scene 4 lyfe yo

Sorry, but it makes me think of semen. Does that make me a bad person?

Melbourne, AU
basspuddle wrote:
shitbird wrote:

Sorry, but it makes me think of semen. Does that make me a bad person?

That's why I chose it. It's suggestive and hurrr splooge.

NYC

Hi all.  I guess I'll do this again...

I'm from NYC & I'm just getting into the whole chiptune scene.  Though I never have time in my life for anything right now, I'm doing my best to be a part of it all anyway.  I'm learning how to use LSDj & loving it.  I'm also using Nanoloop for Android.  Having a good learning experience with both.

I love anime & video games, & especially the music.  I'm also a huge vocaloid fan.  Maybe one day I can do chiptune / vocaloid music.  Well, I'll be lurking in the shadows for quite some time cause I never have time for anything, but I'll pop up every now & then.  Who knows... you may even see a "mysterious" song suddenly pop up from me one day.  : )

Well, that's all for now.

Holland

Not new. I make music on the Atari 1040STe, Amiga 500 and PC (OpenMPT). Nowadays mostly under the name of 'xyce', which is a collaboration project of cerror and I.

Atlanta

Sup yall, I'm Girl Posse from Atlanta, Georgia. I make progressive-kinda-sorta-dancey tunes and I'm releasing my EP at the end of next month so look out for some sick ass tunes! I'll be listening to all of your stuff to, if you ever want to collab on something just let me know!

Hey, All!!

sonicphobia here. Been a fan of chiptunes since I got my first C64 way back when. Currently residing up in Asheville, NC. Looks like I missed some 8bit shows last year. If anyone is in the area, or charlotte area and knows about anything, hit me up. Would love to find the scene if there is still one around.