I think the DX11 is a pretty underrated synth, it has all kinda of things going for it so I though I would share a few thoughts.
- It is an 8 wave form 4op synth (like the TQ5/TX81z), not quite at hard to wrap your head around as the 6op dx7 series but a bit deeper than the dx100/9/21/27.
- IT HAS A PITCH ENVELOPE!!!! Something that makes programming drums way more simple. The only DX synth with one I think (tx81z does NOT have one).
- It can do pretty awesome fake filter stuff.
- Velocity / Aftertouch and nice key action make it a great master keyboard.
- Can easily do famous patches like Solidbass / FM Sawtooth
- Can layer up to 8 voices.
- Breath control, don't knock it, you can assign breath control to all sorts of things and use midi to control it.
Non synthy but other nice touches.
- Robust as hell.
- It is pretty small for a 5 octave keyboard. (90 x 30 x 6 cm) also light at 7kg.
- Looks awesome, black, push button rather than membrane keys, very bright screen.
- There is an excellent Windows patch editor
- Seems very cheap, I have bought 2 for under 100 bucks, last one I say on Ebay went for 150 bucks.
- Self contained power supply.
- 8 voices / 8 part multitimbral (this might be a bit lacking for some people)
- Only 32 user patches.
Last edited by Lazerbeat (June 10, 2012 12:56 pm)