part of a big project i am working on, this feature will allow sync'd drone modification during a live performance. at the moment it is a bunch of chips soldered together on my desk so next job is to neaten it all up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Qa98Fya00

NorthTtrrrway

nice to see some effort on this!!
isn't it easier to do it the software way though?

I hope there is enough people with interest in this to motivate nitro to add more to shitwave smile

Count me as one of them

the mist toggles wrote:

nice to see some effort on this!!
isn't it easier to do it the software way though?

I hope there is enough people with interest in this to motivate nitro to add more to shitwave smile

Count me as one of them

i see what you mean about software, if shitwave was setup to recive LSDJ signals then it could change in time to the beat, but my guess is that shitwave is probably limited in what it can do because it seems to be just the CPU droning, its just randomly moving memory around to make a drone, and to ask it to listen for LSDJ bytes would mean it would have to be totally redesigned.

but either way this method is actually very simple, and it adjusts the clock, so actually it could be anything, not just shitwave

Milwaukee, WI

I've been waiting for people to exploit the LTC1799 controlled clock!  I've been thinking about a cv sequencer to vactrol to gameboy with the droner... should prove cool!  Nice one!  smile

Sweeeeeeden

It's not s***wave, it's shit***e dammit!

lolusa

did shitwave starting making different sounds when the contrast was adjusted? or was that just me?

Theta_Frost wrote:

I've been waiting for people to exploit the LTC1799 controlled clock!  I've been thinking about a cv sequencer to vactrol to gameboy with the droner... should prove cool!  Nice one!  smile

awesome, i would love to know more about that,

i am making a wave form editor for mine, it takes a repeating clock signal, either from a 555 or from a midi signal, and then controls how it rises and falls,

in the video there is a capacitor across the output so that is rises and falls smoothly, also helps to provent crashing, at the end of the video the gameboy crashes, thats why the sound changes

nitro2k01 wrote:

It's not s***wave, it's shit***e dammit!

lol, well i read the forum rules and it says "as a rule of thumb, if you wouldn't send it to your gran we don't want it here" so it got censored, but really its called SHITWAVE!!!! (all caps)

ovenrake wrote:

did shitwave starting making different sounds when the contrast was adjusted? or was that just me?

no my gameboy has a pot on the side under the contrast wheel that controls the pitch bend, its a slide pot, 100k i think.