Finland

DKSTR - Lazy Days

Stream/download (with pdf):

http://dkstr.bandcamp.com/

It's done!

11 summery songs that you can blast on your ghettoblaster while sitting in the park and drinking some beers. It's not very chip but I hope it's ok to share it here. Album has tons of samples from old music from 1920's to 1940's, all the sampled songs were from archive.org and considered open source audio or public domain audio, I hope that other people also check out the original songs. I approached this record in instrumental hip hop-way and thought this type of sampling is really big part of that genre.

Other equipment was my standard Casios, Yamaha keytar and JVC keyboard + some acoustic instruments like guitar and melodica and even some singing.

If anyone knows any good forums/sites where I could promote this, please tell! Enjoy!

Last edited by DKSTR (Feb 28, 2010 5:55 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Love it!

Really nice artwork !!!

Finland

Thanks! big part of the artwork goes to my girlfriend who took the photographs and had that coffeecup, hehe.

))<>((

daamn, that artwork is really niceee.

New York City

How teh hell you find time to make this AND a videovalvontaa rlease? You are a madman big_smile
Looking forward to hear this. Downloading!

Philly/NY

Love the artwork!!

Philly, PA, USA

this is great all around

Finland
akira^8GB wrote:

How teh hell you find time to make this AND a videovalvontaa rlease? You are a madman big_smile

I got some new toys that inspired me quite a lot (Launchpad<3)
But it was a quite a month, doing this and Videovalvontaa and work and blah. Of course Ville did lots of work with VV release so it's like release and a half for me:)

Liverpool, UK

A+, would listen again

astral cat

do love some DKSTR

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

quickly becoming my favorite album of 2010. Amazing production.

Finland

Whoa, thanks for the kind words everybody!!