Chicago IL

Nothing's wrong with Shiru, he felt his work was unappreciated and instead trying to show appreciation for his work, people insulted him for it, and now he might not ever come back.

Brazil

Despite everything said and done, shiru could release the source code, so someday someone would continue the work on this.

Unsubscribe
Saskrotch wrote:

Nothing's wrong with Shiru, he felt his work was unappreciated and instead trying to show appreciation for his work, people insulted him for it, and now he might not ever come back.

Coming from the king of tough love wink

Chicago IL
herr_prof wrote:
Saskrotch wrote:

Coming from the king of tough love wink

Hey, I only act like a jerk cause I hate myself. I totally get where Shiru is coming from.

Philadelphia, PA

Radnaron:  Great stuff.  I think I have the Winamp plugin at home.

Tough love is hard to find these days.  A lot of people will just want to coddle poor behavior.  Tough love brings out the best in people eventually.  It's the one type of love that people take the hardest and relate the most with once they mature.  I'm speaking generally.

He still pops up around other forums.  He might just not come back to Chipmusic.org; and whoopdi-fuck to be honest.  This place may have +500 EXP and 1 LVL above 8bc.org.

Last edited by B00daW (Sep 28, 2012 12:42 am)

Chicago IL

yeah fuck that guy for making a really good tracker!

Savannah, Georgia

the real question is why in the fuck is everyone still posting on this thread

Chicago IL

basically because shiru showed some sensitivity, so clearly we, as a community, have to destroy him

Last edited by Saskrotch (Sep 28, 2012 1:54 am)

Philadelphia, PA

To make myself clearer I meant Chipmusic.org sucks, not Shiru.  It just happens to be a place that I like to post news at and in threads that I care about.  Otherwise this place is only slightly less of a cesspool than 8bc.  Shiru is alright.  I'm just pissed about him yanking the files.

shanghai

SEGA

washington

Thanks bro

More relevant to the OP, I just started using VGM MM today, and I love this tracker.

Chicago IL
B00daW wrote:

To make myself clearer I meant Chipmusic.org sucks, not Shiru.  It just happens to be a place that I like to post news at and in threads that I care about.  Otherwise this place is only slightly less of a cesspool than 8bc.  Shiru is alright.  I'm just pissed about him yanking the files.

To be fair, this place is only as bad as it is because 8bc shut down. It's like a bunch of immigrants from dumbshit island showed up and took all our jobs.

California

shit gets bashy up in this dot org.

San Francisco

..... i havent watched such chiptune drama unveil in a long time...
Well...

As i see it. Shiru is a talented dood. he made some software that i think went over the heads of a lot of beginning users who are used to being spoon fed and looking at pretty things.
His programs were raw and functional and i never had any problem using them.

Without a doubt He created the most in-depth effective tracker for FM chiptune synthesis that i have seen.

I think his work wasn't as appreciated as it should have been and he got a lot more shit then praise. i can understand his frustration.
I mean we shouldn't expect so much from a dood just doing his thing for shits and giggles. He even went beyond that and the same thing happened.

Its his software and he can do what ever he wants with it. We dont really have any god given right to demand anything from him.

Last edited by wedanced (Sep 28, 2012 4:55 pm)

Canada

I have a lot of respect for him... so much so that now I actually feel bad that we have mirrors of his software.
There could be more sensitivity on this forum, to be completely honest...

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Well a user sent me a PM about the stop of Shiru's development, and I get to the FT forums and here, and I have to say this:

I never liked TFMMM/VGMMM, but something that seems strange to me is the release dates, and I think that now is the time to tell this because of the stopped development of TFMMM/VGMMM:
- TFM was released on year 2007 (With ONLY YM2612 support)
.. 4 years after
- DefleMask Beta 1 was released (16.05.11, with YMU759 support only)
... Rumors of Genesis Support in DefleMask arrived.
- VGMMM was released (22.06.11 Full Genesis Support)
- DefleMask 3.5 was released (29.08.11 Full Genesis Support)

The lack of Full Genesis in TFM and other things about the GUI and etc, actually inspired me to add Genesis to DefleMask in the beginning, and I think that the whispering that was running around about a possible Multi-System philosophy of DefleMask actually inspired Shiru to add PCM/SN76489 to TFM Music Maker. I could be wrong, but that dates list is suspicious.

Whatever, today, one year after the first DefleMask release, I have to thanks to Shiru for done TFMMM, I never liked it, and that was the reason why I added Full Genesis support to DefleMask.