Sweeeeeeden

Useless tip: You can loop chains in LSDj without padding them with spaces. Pretty useless I think, but might be useful for looping chains in an existing song.

☺☺☺

very cool to know! i knew it worked with a single phrase but never tried to add loops in after

Oh man!  Brilliant.  Also, LittleFM is looking damn sexy.

Sweeeeeeden
Emar wrote:

very cool to know! i knew it worked with a single phrase but never tried to add loops in after

LSDj has three different playback modes, "global", chain and phrase. When playback is started in one mode, it LSDj stays in that mode until playback is stopped.
* "Global" mode is what we're used to.
* Chain mode is what I demonstrated. The program will never automatically advance to a new chain in the song screen. In fact the program isn't too concerned about the position in the song screen, as you can see from the visual glitch.
* Phrase mode is even more fun... It will automatically jump to any new phrase you enter but they will all play on the channel that the original phrase was started on. I think most people who are using LSDj has done this by accident. This mode is completely useless in live mode - you can't trigger new stuff the normal way. (New chains will be cued indefinitely.)

SF

Idk why I've never thought of this in a live situation, nice to know. And LittleFM looks awesome from what I saw; shame I have a 64m cart..

Sweeeeeeden
Axolotl wrote:

Idk why I've never thought of this in a live situation, nice to know. And LittleFM looks awesome from what I saw; shame I have a 64m cart..

Don't worry, in time LittleFM will contain things that are useful for 64M users as well (faster loading and saving files, as seen in the video, and maybe link cable song trading.) and even features exclusively for EMS carts. (Easier multi ROM support for LSDj+other ROMs)

Plano, TX

This is an interesting little trick.. might be useful if you end up filling up the song screen (though I'm so far from that, LOL).

Also, I'm so damn excited for LittleFM.

Sweeeeeeden
PixyJunket wrote:

This is an interesting little trick.. might be useful if you end up filling up the song screen (though I'm so far from that, LOL).

Actually, no. The song screen is 256 rows big, but there are only 128 possible chain numbers. So if you pack all possible chain numbers tightly on one channel, you're only halfway through. So it really is useless even for that. (You can afford to have spaces between your chains and run in the "normal" live mode.)

Plano, TX
nitro2k01 wrote:
PixyJunket wrote:

Actually, no. The song screen is 256 rows big, but there are only 128 possible chain numbers. So if you pack all possible chain numbers tightly on one channel, you're only halfway through. So it really is useless even for that. (You can afford to have spaces between your chains and run in the "normal" live mode.)

Maybe I'm still wrong.. but I was referring to filling up the song screen period.. not with just unique chains.

Sweeeeeeden

My point was that since the you never progress automatically from one chain to another there's absolutely no need to have more than one of the same chain on one channel when doing the trick. smile

SF
nitro2k01 wrote:

Don't worry, in time LittleFM will contain things that are useful for 64M users as well (faster loading and saving files, as seen in the video, and maybe link cable song trading.) and even features exclusively for EMS carts. (Easier multi ROM support for LSDj+other ROMs)

Hope to see this soon, then! big_smile

Plymouth, UK
Axolotl wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

Hope to see this soon, then! big_smile

Same here smile

Melbourne, Australia

LSDJ should have some option to play like that.