Philly

So I recently got 2 USB smart cards in the mail from Kitsch, and I forgot to request LSDJ be put on them.  This wouldn't be a big deal but I have a mac.  Now I know that this is read only for these EMS carts.  So I have parallels running with Windows XP, but when I get to step 3 of the tutorial (which is installing the drivers for Windows XP) I can't find the files for step 3.3.  The readme I'm trying to follow can be found here: http://www.hkems.com/files/GB_USB.rar Anybody got any ideas?  Worse comes to worse I could use one of my roommates computers, but that would kind of defeat the purpose.

Sweden

Still having problems?

The RAR archive contains the drivers (inf, sys) and the manual. If you can find the manual you're already reading it should be able to find the drivers. Or did I miss something?

Philly
aent wrote:

Still having problems?

The RAR archive contains the drivers (inf, sys) and the manual. If you can find the manual you're already reading it should be able to find the drivers. Or did I miss something?

I know where the drivers are, however whenever I try to install them through the found new hardware wizard, they don't show up. hmm

Unsubscribe

I dont known why, but it simply wouldnt work on one of my machines. Worked fine on another.

Minneapolis

I've been trying (in vain so far) to get the software to work under some kind of virtualization software, like VMware or Wine. The drivers are a bit of a kludge job, so it's not surprising that the cartridges want to see good ol' Windoze XP in order to run.

Ontario, Canada
herr_prof wrote:

I dont known why, but it simply wouldnt work on one of my machines. Worked fine on another.

Same here.  I thought the thing was broken the night before Pulsewave, then it was just my one computer not letting it work.

Philly

Hmm, alrighty, thanks for the thoughts.  I'll try it on one of my roommates computers and see how things turn out. big_smile

Sweden

Yeah now that I think of it I couldn't get it to work with XP through Virtual PC or in Win98 on a laptop I have. On another laptop with XP it worked fine though.

matt's mind

won't work in my XPS machine, and if i remember correctly, the same issue happened to herr_prof (his XPS).  but, maybe that just confusion in my head...

then again, some of the xps series are known to have issues...  especially with win 7.

Philly

So I tried it on one of my roommates computers and it worked fine, I'm running parallels on my Mac.  Would maybe installing a different copy of windows make it work?  Or would that just be redundant?