New Albany Indiana

I finished my 1/8" pro sound mod for my DMG, and i was not met with my expatiation's.
First of all i did notice that it took the background nose away, but it still plays through the speaker.
Is it normal for it not to get as loud as the original jack? It only gets about 3/4th of the way loud the original jack does.
And it doesn't add more bass, and makes some of the drum kits lower quality.

Just need these answered to know if i did it right.
Thanks.

matt's mind

the whole 'adding bass' thing is a myth.  its never done this...  not sure where thats coming from, tbh...  (like, there isn't a disproportionate increase on the lower end...)

and, it will be quieter too, yes.  you've bypassed the internal amplifier.  thats all the prosound mod is, a bypass of the amp IC.  you loose the boost for headphones but bypass the circuitry where the background noise is introduced to the signal.

(in a couple weeks i'll have a product out that will address all the cons/concerns you've got about the mod)

oh, and about the speaker.  it will keep functioning normally unless you change it.  if you simply don't want it to work anymore, remove it. 

it won't shut off when you stick a plug into the prosound jack, if thats what you're after.  you can add a switch and turn it on/off manually.  the original headphone jack has an internal switch (its an uncommon jack type) which turns the speaker on/off depending on if something is plugged in to that jack.

New Albany Indiana

Thanks kitschy

DC

My prosound by justin thursday IS quieter by headphones, but its overall better and louder when it comes to speakers. I havent noticed any hum or background noise, though

Milwaukee, WI
kitsch wrote:

(in a couple weeks i'll have a product out that will address all the cons/concerns you've got about the mod)

Now I'm interested...

kitsch wrote:

the whole 'adding bass' thing is a myth.  its never done this...  not sure where thats coming from, tbh...  (like, there isn't a disproportionate increase on the lower end...)

and, it will be quieter too, yes.  you've bypassed the internal amplifier.  thats all the prosound mod is, a bypass of the amp IC.  you loose the boost for headphones but bypass the circuitry where the background noise is introduced to the signal.

oh, and about the speaker.  it will keep functioning normally unless you change it.  if you simply don't want it to work anymore, remove it. 

it won't shut off when you stick a plug into the prosound jack, if thats what you're after.  you can add a switch and turn it on/off manually.  the original headphone jack has an internal switch (its an uncommon jack type) which turns the speaker on/off depending on if something is plugged in to that jack.

I saw something on eBay and he said he made the bass louder (some How hmm)

Chicago IL

Can somebody please put a U in the thread title it's driving me nuts

Unsubscribe

Whats a Prou

The Wild Wintery North
herr_prof wrote:

Whats a Prou

I believe it was changed bro