shanghai

i always call stuff 'gay'. I think on here i most likely have so sorry if i offended any folks.

its a habitual thing i guess. 15 or so yrs ago in school, everything was gay. you miss a shot in a football game - gay. lose a life on simpsons arcade - you yell 'gay' at the screen......lock yourself out - 'gay' !

I remember me and my bro playing video games and my mum yelling up 'if you call that computer gay one more time im taking the plug away for a week'.....the next morning i awoke to my bro yelling 'ahh this computer is so bent'.

but as this rule has surfaced, clearly it get on some people nerves and i can see why. i guess my point is that none of us saying 'oh thats so gay' actually mean we think being gay is bad. but actually that's what it sounds/read like, anyway you know what i mean.
if its offending some peops hell i see no harm holding back the slurs.
as long as i can still wish death on lady gaga from time to time

Unsubscribe

The first thing people who use offensive speech do is make it about them. No one cares why you think its OK to say something that could make someone else make them feel bad for being who they are. You are in a community and you have to learn to moderate your discourse in a way that doesn't use words that are being used in all kinds of attacks both physical and mental every day.

I would hate this place to become some kinda of youtube/reddit cesspool where people of different backgrounds are afraid to visit because we allow such casual and damaging behavior. This isn't about being PC, or censorship, its about making the forum fun for people of all backgrounds to visit and discuss chippy messes.

Lexington, KY
herr_prof wrote:

I would hate this place to become some kinda of youtube/reddit cesspool where people of different backgrounds are afraid to visit because we allow such casual and damaging behavior. This isn't about being PC, or censorship, its about making the forum fun for people of all backgrounds to visit and discuss chippy messes.

Maturity is hard, but I guess we have to grow up sometime. (As people AND as a community.)

England

hangs out with 40 YO IRL gay man who uses gay as a derogatory term. oh its so confusing.

Last edited by Jellica (Dec 13, 2012 4:48 pm)

Boston, MA

can we still discriminate against fakebit and garageband chiptunes

United States

Hey this is relevant.

Joliette, QC, Canada

I LOVE THIS !!!
We are another step away from 8BC jerktrolls !!! big_smile

Chicago IL

I always got really disappointed with anyone calling something gay on here. It's 2012 and that shit is, at the very least, completely lazy.

Canada

Lazy is a good way of describing it. If you're being insensitive... be creative!

I kid... but sadly I guess this was a necessary step.

herr_prof wrote:

No one cares why you think its OK to say something that could make someone else make them feel bad for being who they are.

No one cares? Really? Intentions do matter, even if using slurs is wrong in itself.

Unsubscribe

Yea I dont care how many gay black friends you have who've given you permission to use hate speech on this forum.

babylon

i like to sing lil'b songs im my car. i have to stop when i pull up to the gas station. i dont see anything wrong with making people here use some self control. shouldnt be that hard. i approve.

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

Those rules are nice.

nice (adj.)
late 13c., "foolish, stupid, senseless," from O.Fr. nice (12c.) "careless, clumsy; weak; poor, needy; simple, stupid, silly, foolish," from L. nescius "ignorant, unaware

vancouver, canada

i agree with the rule.  we should treat all cylons with the same dignity that is afforded of the typical human.

Unsubscribe

In other words:

Say your best friend was assaulted by a person who kept saying the word TOYBOAT OVER AND OVER again while they committed the assault. And you knew that every time this dear friend heard the word toyboat they felt that assualt again in their mind. It was basically like reliving the assault over again.

Would you still insist on using that word in front of them because you knew it doesnt actually mean anything bad. Or would you try to respect your friend and try to find a different word to express yourself knowing the pain it caused them?

Last edited by herr_prof (Dec 13, 2012 8:36 pm)

Good rule. Would hate this forum to become youtube like.