São Paulo, Brazil

A very easy one: marking chains in the song screen (like pressing B+B+B on LSDJ). Damn useful for those who only perform in live mode.

Tokyo, Japan

What does B+B+B in LSDJ do? Sorry I cant remember!

San Francisco
Lazerbeat wrote:

What does B+B+B in LSDJ do? Sorry I cant remember!

It makes a little marker. it is just a helpful little organization tool.

Tokyo, Japan

oh THAT is what that is! I doesnt affect playback or anything just creates and arbitrary mark? That would be handy.

Venezuela

excuse me but... i cant improve others users experience, i'm not a nice guy to improve at all!... (badjoke)

UI USER EXPERIENCE IMPROVEMENTS.

Unsubscribe

yea its handy when i need to remind myself where a part of a song sucks.

Tokyo, Japan

For me that's easy, it's the part between the start and the end of my tunes!

Brazil

Ditto what Pulselooper said! That is something really nice, it would help tremendously. I use a lot at LSDJ to mark where a song begins.

ui n00b sucada!

Germany

1. Sample start, loop- and endpoints in decimal instead of hex.
2. Ability to keep looppoints when importing samples.

Unsubscribe

1. I dont think that will happen, its a tracker!
2. use soundfonts!

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

ui u n00b jajaja

otakumode wrote:

1. Sample start, loop- and endpoints in decimal instead of hex.

Why?

Germany
herr_prof wrote:

1. I dont think that will happen, its a tracker!

I have a huge library of E-mu Emulator samples with pre-defined looppoints. LGPT doesn't recognize those, so I have to set them manually. To set them manually, I will have to use a calculator to convert the looppoint from dec to hex. (Because most samplers regardless of being hard or software don't use hex either.)
I don't care about everything else being hex, but at least the sample start, loop- & endpoints should be in decimal. So you're telling me it should be hex because it's a tracker? Whoa, good point dude...

herr_prof wrote:

2. use soundfonts!

You're just saying this to promote your tutorial I guess. Make a point why any of my suggestions are not valid or shut up.

Last edited by otakumode (Feb 13, 2013 8:04 pm)

Unsubscribe

1) The program uses hex because its a tracker based on LSDJ which uses hex, which is based on... Changing to decimal, while convenient for some people probably wont happen just because that is the lay of the land in piggydom.

2) I suggested soundfonts because that is currently the only file format that piggy supports predefined instruments loop points. Emu even has a utility to easily convert your format into soundfonts that should be drag and drop into your piggy projects:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun04/a … emu.htm#13

I want more people to use soundfonts on piggy because i want it to become a more robust feature, and that will only come with more user adoption.

but anyways, thanks for letting me know you are a little baby so I can just avoid responding to your posts from now on!

Germany
herr_prof wrote:

but anyways, thanks for letting me know you are a little baby so I can just avoid responding to your posts from now on!

I never asked a bad musician like you to answer my posts in the first place.

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec
otakumode wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

I never asked a bad musician like you to answer my posts in the first place.

Hi!

I just logged in to point out that you're some kind of an idiot.

You keep asking for features that amount to "can we make this happen because I am lazy and unwilling to change my habits?"

This is fairly common but can be brushed off easily. The truth is, there's only a dev and a half working on this and he has shown no interest whatsoever to implement features that do stuff that you can already do (can't blame him).

Not only are you not willing to use actual features (soundfonts) but you also go out of your way to insult one of the most outstanding member of the HEXAWE community.

Said member has returned the favor, tongue in cheek, and now you find a way to make this into a personal attack, claiming said member's music is bad.

Are you serious? I am a hardcore herr_prof fan, his music is everything but bad. He also played blip... you played blip?

How do you explain I've been in this scene for over 6 years and never heard your name at all?

I hereby declare that you're not very nice.

l8rz!

XC3N

edit: just noticed concerned user's description is summed up as "incredibly lazy" I guess this explains a lot.

Last edited by XC3N (Feb 13, 2013 9:13 pm)

Unsubscribe

Sometimes god works in mysterious ways.