hi basically I was just looking for some opinions and what not of the 8-bit covers of songs I do

That's my channel any advice or whatever is very much appreciated

http://www.youtube.com/user/DavieWafflesxD

Andromeda's Black Hole

большое чиптюна, человек. чувствует, как Калинка!

NC in the US of America

@Dragonforce and SOAD:
It kind of sounds like you took midis of the songs and applied an 8bit sound-bank to them. These covers don't really bring anything interesting and unique to the tunes. It's too straight.

They also lack the 8bit/video-game-esque style and adherence to limitations that make other such covers interesting to listen to. And the mix just seems very congested. The leads don't stand out enough. Bass is kind of weak, but that's just my personal preference.

If you transcribed these by ear, top-knotch job on that. You did choose some good lead and melody sounds. And the drums aren't too bad either. Oh, and the panning is nice.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jan 8, 2013 9:43 pm)

uhajdafdfdfa

benefit of the "doubt" answer: well done, you made accurate covers. the sounds are boring though.

detriment of the almost certainty answer:

i think these are just midis run through some 8-bit-izer.

waffles94, if you weren't aware, most of us here are writing our own songs line by line, tick by tick, using our ears. it isn't a simple processual transformation applied to an existing work (even if people are doing covers, they are transcribing them by ear, creating all the instruments themselves, and putting the notes into the software themselves). so your youtube channel is not really related to what we do here. i also think it's fairly disingenuous to not mention anywhere on your youtube channel what it is you are doing and how easy it is to do it.

if you listen to other people's "covers" of the same songs that you "covered", they sound exactly the same as yours, because they were made in exactly the same way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-OmoW8l0pQ

if you want to learn to do it properly, stick around and learn some things. be warned, it takes effort to get good at actually writing music. if you just want people to say "cool! you are a talented nerd genius!" try posting them on your facebook page or something.

gxscc

Brunswick, GA USA

Give the guy who made the MIDI file some attribution.

Chicago IL

you can just call it music

Nottingham, UK
Saskrotch wrote:

you can just call it music