Brighton

A Shitwave that holds the tone while a button is pressed / when a MIDI note is held?

A Rez controllable via nanoloop usb adapter? ( X/Y as two MIDI CCs or notes & 1 CC ? )

A ROM that accepts a tempo and shows beat-synced pixel art? Bonus points: it loads them from a gb camera save copied onto the same cart. Double bonus: Tempo is received via nanoloop usb adapter.

Super Magic Music Maker for GB?

Something outside standard Western tuning like a gbamalan ?

Last edited by radian (Jan 7, 2013 9:31 pm)

nashville,tn

i thougth about this for a while last night. A drum machine program geared towards midi implementation, Most gb trackers emphasize instrument separation in the wav pulse, noise channels. This program would take the opposite approach. Various percusive sounds would be built by blending the various channels via different parameters to create complex unique sounds. After a set was built, a beat/pattern could be constructed in the cartridge or triggered by an external sequencer. The limitations of the gb mean each channel is monophonic... If two instruments play the same channel at the same time one has to be canceled, the beauty of this program would be that the parameters that decided which channel to cancel could be predetermined or made random. I.e. A snare and open high hat both have a certain percentage of noise and wav channel and hit every 2nd noted at the same time, which channel wasn't played would alternate based on channel filter parameters. Or the sets could be built so there was no overlap.

Also it should utilize passwords to save info..............(jk)

Freiburg, Germany
sugar sk*-*lls wrote:

A drum machine program geared towards midi implementation ... blending the various channels via different parameters to create complex unique sounds

that!

that is a beautiful idea

Earth
sugar sk*-*lls wrote:

Various percusive sounds would be built by blending the various channels via different parameters to create complex unique sounds.

Yeah that would be cool. I agree that channel stealing  could make for interesting sounds.

Playboy Man-Baby
sugar sk*-*lls wrote:

i thougth about this for a while last night. A drum machine program geared towards midi implementation, Most gb trackers emphasize instrument separation in the wav pulse, noise channels. This program would take the opposite approach. Various percusive sounds would be built by blending the various channels via different parameters to create complex unique sounds.

Doesn't GB Electric Drum kinda do that (sans MIDI)?

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Jan 10, 2013 6:18 am)

Freiburg, Germany
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

Doesn't GB Electric Drum kinda do that (sans MIDI)?

Yeah but it's entirely monophonic, has no way to create your own kit (frankly the built in ones are also not very imaginative) and begs for a way to be sequenced.

West Yorks, UK

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/7082/ … ea-bounty/

youve already seen the thread Nitro!
nobody told me how the idea differs from step girl, or where the hell I can find out how to use step girl/ documentation!

lastfuture wrote:
sugar sk*-*lls wrote:

A drum machine program geared towards midi implementation ... blending the various channels via different parameters to create complex unique sounds

that!

that is a beautiful idea

That would be amazing. It would be cool if it could also sync up with LSDJ. The main focus would be on the midi side of things though. Having the ability to share drum patches would also be useful. I could see a lot of people using a program like this.

Freiburg, Germany
Casval wrote:

Having the ability to share drum patches would also be useful. I could see a lot of people using a program like this.

Yes and hell yes big_smile

2 ideas,

1. Blipfest simulator, move the D-pad to make Bit Shifter dance around stage, tap buttons for crowd-surfing, dancing, and raving. Complete with real blips and bleeps.

2. LSDJ-DJ
An LSDJ player mod that lets you run glitches/mutes/soloing/pitch bends/vibrato/distortions over a playing LSDJ song.

Utah
Zef wrote:

An LSDJ player mod that lets you run glitches/mutes/soloing/pitch bends/vibrato/distortions over a playing LSDJ song.

T'would be rad.

ad-hell-aide

Not sure if this has been suggested, but using the GB processor for real time audio effects of incoming audio.

Sweeeeeeden
little-scale wrote:

Not sure if this has been suggested, but using the GB processor for real time audio effects of incoming audio.

Would be fairly difficult/impossible without external components (in particular a DAC.) I do have some ideas about that though...

Freiburg, Germany

It has been suggested and I think iirc the input pin does get fed directly into the mix without any possibility for processing.

ad-hell-aide

dont you mean an ADC?

at any rate, there is a difference between difficult and impossible!! big_smile

what about one bit audio fed from a mixing desk somehow? no ADC involved?

it doesnt have to sound nice like an expensive effects pedal... because of course it wont anyway...

ad-hell-aide

so no external components for this project in general, nitro2k01?