Alive and well in fucksville

I wonder what is wrong with my dmg-o1. I made a kick on the pulse channel and snares and hats in the noise.Parts of the song are cutting out at random!
I put an ltc-1799 (to a 500 ohm pot) and made a body contact wire that human touch only bypasses a tiny bit of the pot and the wire touched to the metal bypasses even more. I backlit the screen. It was a tight fit, but it all came together with only a couple of cracks in the shell. poking at it seems to make the noise cut back in, but the pulse comes in and out at random. Shaking the gameboy seems to make the song seems to turn the song back on. I am running lsdj 7.2... could it be lsdj?

Last edited by bitjacker (Mar 28, 2013 2:19 am)

rochester, ny

If shaking the gameboy is having an effect on the song, then it's not a problem with lsdj.

Other roms work fine.

rochester, ny
bitjacker wrote:

Other roms work fine.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Orange County,CA /Las Vegas NV

RIP little dmg

perhaps nanoloop will work ok on it. I tried rez yesterday on it and it didnt stop. nerdrix froze up. sludgeon2 worked fine... maybe it has something to do with the clock being off time. i knew i should have put the ltc 1799 on a switch!

Douglas, Wyoming

Sounds like a contact issue

One of these days i will open it back up to put a smaller pot and a cutoff resistor on it. maybe have an off switch for the ltc 1799 too. I used epoxy putty to mount my prosound to the outside. still wanna keep my body contact though... this project was all parts from 5 dead gameboys I got for free. the bottom half is red and the top half is grey. I have another working gameboy from the pile of dead ones that i have added wires for the ltc 1799 and a failed prosound mod. i think that one will be perfect when i mod it because i have much more patience now when doing mods. I think i just got impatient. Not really liking the idea of backlighting another tho... it is so hit and miss!

Last edited by bitjacker (Mar 31, 2013 6:45 pm)

Having the potentiometer where the speaker is underneath the a/b buttons... I see some DMGs like that occasionally; are they obnoxious to use with that giant pot sticking out?

Last edited by salve games (Jun 25, 2013 4:23 pm)

New Albany Indiana

I had the same problem, stop using it before it blows up in your hand.

UK, Leicester
Bit wish wrote:

It's only likely to blow up in your hands if you do the bending incorrectly yo.

New Albany Indiana
Alpine wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

It's only likely to blow up in your hands if you do the bending incorrectly yo.

;P

bitjacker wrote:

[...] I am running lsdj 7.2... could it be lsdj?

Of course!
I mean, what did you expect, if you run a Advanced Version of LSDJ from the future?!
We are only at 4.7.2 or 4.7.3 i guess.

But srsly. if i read something like this

I wonder what is wrong with my dmg-o1 [...]
I backlit the screen. It was a tight fit, but it all came together with only a couple of cracks in the shell. [...]
Shaking the gameboy seems to make the song seems to turn the song back on. [...]

i'm like

I mean you really ask yourself what's causing problems?

it was a cold solder joint... i was running 4.72...

what value of resistor should i use for a cutoff on a ltc 1799? i got real lazy on this mod and i wanna fix it right. I think the problem was with my bleepbloop cart. it is now rom only. it is a good excuse to have marble madness.

Last edited by bitjacker (Jul 19, 2013 10:03 pm)

This gameboy is now rad. 12ianma fixed it up right.