Port Huron, MI

i posted this around here, somethings not right about this track and i cant put my finger on, sorry for cross posting, it would be great if i could get some feedback even if its harsh, once again sorry for cross posting

cheers!

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/11700 … nsf-remix/

there is no kick drum for most of the song
edit: which is fine, but maybe that is what you are talking about

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jul 19, 2013 8:25 pm)

Port Huron, MI
defPREMIUM wrote:

there is no kick drum for most of the song
edit: which is fine, but maybe that is what you are talking about

good point, i already thought of that but didnt do it, im going to add that shit

thanks bro, cheers

NC in the US of America

On the parts where there is currently no kick, you could add a little pitch bend macro to your bass table to give it a bit of a kick that terminates into the actual bass tone so you don't have to be stuck with the alternating "kick bass kick bass". Downside is that the pitch of the kick transposes with with the bass note, but I don't personally mind that.

Personally, I like the non-unciness of it. If you do add more kick to it, you could do more of a jungle type kick pattern or something maybe?

Also I feel like it lacks a bit of soul and fancy sound effects tricks maybe??? Dunno.

Port Huron, MI
SketchMan3 wrote:

On the parts where there is currently no kick, you could add a little pitch bend macro to your bass table to give it a bit of a kick that terminates into the actual bass tone so you don't have to be stuck with the alternating "kick bass kick bass". Downside is that the pitch of the kick transposes with with the bass note, but I don't personally mind that.

Personally, I like the non-unciness of it. If you do add more kick to it, you could do more of a jungle type kick pattern or something maybe?

Also I feel like it lacks a bit of soul and fancy sound effects tricks maybe??? Dunno.

cheers bro!

kick drum will be added, i lack a education of "fancy effects" or "fancy instruments" can you or somebody link my to some tuts, videos. or whatever that can help me with that?