Hi, my name is SundaEoBit, i'm pretty new in the forum but not in the scene.

I'm developing a Cloud manager for LSDJ savs, my main goal is to make a cloud app where you can share full sav's or lsdjsng files, explore other lsdjsng from other users and create a sav with such list, it will have social features like open song edition(you can edit your song, or allow someone else to edit and save the song), sharing, solo mode(for private use, where the user will have every single song from all saves in a list, then arrange a playlist and generate the sav file to download).

I'm in the design phase, which means, i'm planning how everything will work, by now i have 1 question regarding the interface and here it is:

When using the interface, how would you like it to be?

a) Totally like LSDJ, i want to see my songs as if they were in my LSDJ!
b) A diagram, where every chain, phrase, instrument is shown like flow diagram(reference image -> http://oi39.tinypic.com/2nqsmmg.jpg).
c) I want both!!
d) I don't fucking know but i have an idea!(explain).

I'm asking because at the end, is all you who wil be using the system.
Thank in advance for your feedback.

Edit: I missclicked in the wrong forum section, this was supposed to be in software, if a mod can move this to the right section it'll be awesome! big_smile

Last edited by Sunda (Jul 31, 2013 10:54 pm)

Unsubscribe

Whoa being able to drill down the instrument level (like in a) would be amazing. It would be even cooler if you could copy instruments/samples/songs/patterns/etc from one project to the other in the web app.

Seattle, WA

I want both. This is a fantastic idea.

perth, WA

sounds epic big_smile

Right now i'm working on a LSDJ parser to JSON, somewhere in the future i'll provide an API for external request.

I will keep you updated as i make some progress.

Australia

This sounds like it will be pretty freaking awesome. I would go with option a.

Earth

Yeah if it could parse out instruments, and inject them into other lsdsng's – that would be epoch. Actually the whole thing is pretty cool. A public api would be great.

option a

edit -- Actually if there were a public api it would be trivial to make a desktop app to sync your .sav files to the cloud server. All kinds of things could be done. If someone were really cleaver, they could make it so you just plug in your usb cart at night, and the whole thing gets backed up, and new songs get saved to the cloud.

Last edited by breakphase (Aug 2, 2013 4:42 pm)

Granada, Spain

Thats awesome man, i only can help with sav's, but its AWESOME big_smile

awesome option a...... how long are you planning to take to get a beta out!

elektrohobo wrote:

awesome option a...... how long are you planning to take to get a beta out!

i'm making this in my free time, sometimes i do it while i'm at the work, i hope i can give you at least a beta of the interface(and start with the bugs reports) by the next month big_smile.

if u come up with the goods your my hero FACT