Michigan

Which channels are you interested in using again, all four? And how many sounds were you thinking of programming?

Sweeeeeeden

SRAM: It's a possibility, but I think the use for that would be marginal. I think people generally have a way of flashing ROMs normally onto their cartridges. Maybe for use with non-EMS cartridges (ie catridges that lack native multi-ROM support) but that's not a priority, I guess. One use for this could be to allow the user to remove the cartridge while the program is still running in the Gameboy's RAM. In theory that's a good idea. In practice, only GBC can do that without immediately crashing.

Channels, any of them, as used by the patches. How many sounds, as many as possible.

Michigan

My goal was not so much h to pull a synthcart but to  ramble ideas. Call me a thread stealer.:P
I understand though; no mbc for simplicity. I can see you getting a load of hard coded sounds in there since you're only going to bother with the button and sound interrupts and registers. Samples though would be a little more difficult to get into the 32k...

Detroit

Might be straying away from what you want but it'd be really cool to have a little step sequencer in it to use as a dedicated drum machine and controlling different patterns and stuff on the fly too.  Potential sync with LSDJ or Nano?

rochester, ny

can we just make this with all of trey frey's drum sounds please

Earth

Woohoo. So each drum can use more than one channel?

Well I guess "layered" is multi channel..

Last edited by breakphase (Oct 29, 2013 8:51 pm)

Lancashire,UK

this rom ever get released?