sweden

Hi!

I'm looking to get my hands on a PowerPak smile

/ nordloef

Easton, PA, USA

why not an N8? Nothing against the powerpak, but they are sold out till ?

Last edited by zerolanding (Oct 28, 2013 10:52 am)

sweden

Mainly because I can be 100% sure that Neil Baldwins software works flawlessly on it smile

Easton, PA, USA

now I am more curious, as I have not seen any problems with the soft or hardware

Milwaukee, WI

I haven't been able to get a straight answer about n8 compatibility w/ the Neil Baldwin series from anyone. Thankfully my n8 showed up in the mail today.

I WILL NOW KNOW FOR SURE.

Easton, PA, USA

Only thing I have not tried with the N8 is pulsar and nijuu. everything else is hiccup free and loads from the sav everytime. SMMM is great.

Last edited by zerolanding (Oct 28, 2013 8:09 pm)

Milwaukee, WI

PR8/Pulsar/NTRQ seem to work without error. Tested using famicom n8 w/ nes/famicom converter on American NES.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
TSC wrote:

PR8/Pulsar/NTRQ seem to work without error. Tested using famicom n8 w/ nes/famicom converter on American NES.

OH YEA, this is so good to hear. I've been wanting to know for sure for a very long time, Thanks TSC smile smile smile

Milwaukee, WI

The n8 doesn't have a NSF player though, right?

TX

Does the Powerpak? I haven't done this yet myself, but my understanding was you had to embed each individual NSF in its own "player" to play them on a flash cartridge.

http://www.nullsleep.com/treasure/nsf_cart_guide/

Milwaukee, WI
Theta_Frost wrote:

I wouldn't know. Chipmusic sucks. wink

Unsubscribe

The powerpak can play nsfs natively via the file browser, and play nsfs using expansion audio chips once you modded your NES.

TX

So is the Powerpak definitively the best choice for playing music on an NES? (I just bought an N8)

Milwaukee, WI

Unless there's something I'm overlooking, Vegaplay should work the same way:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/391/v … m-now-out/

Not sure about expansion audio though.

Milwaukee, WI
TSC wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

I wouldn't know. Chipmusic sucks. wink

HEY YOU GET OUT

Although, I certainly welcome more PR8 and Pulsar jams.

Unsubscribe

Yea but this way you dont have to render your song as rom. Its better for general nsf listening as well, unless you want to batch convert your entire nsf lib into vegaplay albums.