I absolutely love the interface of piggy but I'd like some more functionality (read: duh) (fantasy list ftw!).  This is a stretch because I have absolutely no experience with programming, but if I had a couple months (years is what its going to take) to learn a language for the specific purpose of implementing functionality in piggy, developing an add-on, or separate music production application with the same simple lsdj aesthetic...

1) What programming language would I use/learn? (Cross-platform application would be dope, but I'm looking for ease of use/ audio engine libraries)

- Some of these modular environments (Synthedit, Reaktor, Max) are pretty dope but would they integrate with piggy or even function as standalone applications?

2) Is piggy open-source? (searched all over, couldn't find a definitive answer)
3) How do I get the source code? (I thought I read somewhere here that it comes in the download)

Bottom line, as producers/users, it is very easy to find places where new functionality could be implemented, but I would like to equip myself with the skills to close the gap between what I want a platform to do, and what I can help it achieve.  Every time I sit down to bang out a beat, I end up drawing interfaces and thinking of functions instead.  I'll take it as a sign.  Trying to turn pipe dreams into piped audio. Ya dig, pig?

EDIT: question 2 + 3 answered, feel free to hijack as a homebrew dev thread

Last edited by damelday (May 30, 2013 9:50 pm)

Unsubscribe

Its not open source, but if you email Marc he ahs been known to share info and code in the past. He doesnt read here very often but try shooting him an email on the piggy mailing list.

Will do. Thanks prof.

Maine

i would like to see color palette editing/resolution parameters on the WIN32 version of it.. i just get really sick of looking at this:

and i know you can write a config file to make it go to full screen but i dont want a full screen because it looks all stretched out n shit...

Unsubscribe

What do you mean? You can edit the colors on windows, just like the other platforms using config.xml
http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.php?id=lgpt:config

Tons of palettes here:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/8578/ … r-schemes/

You can also set it to load a little bigger, but less than fullscreen with SCREENMULT in the config

Maine

do you think you could post a screen shot of the config? i think i just doin it wrong

Maine

never mind i got it

Unsubscribe

yea be sure to edit in a clean editor like notepad, as any additional characters may break the config.

Maine

yea i didnt put <config> and </config> on the top and bottom of the code i just had them at the top like an idiot

Unsubscribe

Aha! Well good luck and post any cool themes you come up with at the link above.