I know piggy has midi function, I run it on my psp, I have a question though, can I sync the tracker straight to my pc with midi function? Like say if I wanted to run the tracker with fl studio or abelton or any daw. Could I? Or does it have to be modded for that? I thought maybe I can sync through the psp data cable?

Thanks guys, hope this isn't answered already or a stupid question, if it is, I apologize

Arizona

Unfortunately piggy on psp doesn't support midi.

Oh I see, that is quite unfortunate :\

UK, Leicester

I remember somebody managed to build some kind device that meant that you could control midi stuff with a PSP, it was on some ps2 dev forum but I can't for the life of me find it. It would be kinda cool if piggy was compatible with a midi device, even if it was a homemade dealy.

I have found a homebrew you can use your psp as a midi controller for abelton or any DAW, the catch is you need to run lua player on your psp, but for you guys interested, make sure your firmware is correct for the software, run lua, then open psptomidi on the lua player, run your pspmidi while plugged in on your pc etc, have a file copy of psptomidi on your desktop and it'll pop up as a midi controller with an adorable little interface on your psp controlling your choosing on your daw, I tried it and it works, for some reason though, lua player keeps crashing on me, I am trying different versions though, I'll update. My next project is  building midi on my psp

N.E. U.S.

There is a program that can turn your psp into a gamepad through the link cable, so this could be possible in some way.

Unsubscribe

I cant remember the reason but that sample code from that psp midi project was a nonstarter at the time.

r4c7 I have heard too, haven't tried yet and @herr_prof the psptomidi project seems broken in a few ways, it worked for a min or so, I deleted the files off my game folder, then I believe I put baack in the wrong folder of psptomidi, now it;s just corrupted -_- I don't remember the version that was the most functional, I think it's version 6, if you want to give it a go. I would like a way to sync psp rhythm to pc, that would be awesome, also because the tempo controller is a bit primitive, but all together it's a great sample back player.