UK

https://soundcloud.com/phission-chips/somewhere-else

I'm after general C&C on this piece. I'm pleased with the jazzy chord progression and the guitar melodies, but I have a feeling I could have played on the interplay between guitar and synth melodies more. I'm also not sure if I should've introduced a different chord progression for a contrast section.

Also, on a slightly related note, are there any good tutorials for making synthesised snares? I've just been using the noise channel, and think I could probably get better results.

Thanks!

Los Angeles, CA

Yo, keep writing, this is pretty good smile

San Francisco

longer. maybe play with making some triangle wav kicks and toms to add a little more dynamic to percussion. saw bass sounds good but might want to try add some tonal variation. mostly just play more with creating different sound patches as they feel pretty plain. all in all sounds good tho. like that guitar tone.

San Francisco

for the nosie snares play with the table so that the start of the sound uses the shorter matalic noise loop and then have it quickly jump to the more static sound. you can get some interesting results from that.

England

i deffo think that you could have gotten a warmer game boy sound to fit in nicer with the guitar, esp with the bassline

for snares play with a bunch of S commands in a table on the noise channel

or

use a snare sample in the wav channel. it sounds like you might have room to fit that in with the bass line (plus you then have the whole noise channel for fancy cymbals and hi hats and whooshing sounds)

or

use a really fast vibrato on a short pulse sound.

or

use a combo of the 3

Last edited by Jellica (Dec 13, 2013 8:31 pm)

SLC, UT

I think your instrument programming is the best part of this song. That is truly impressive.

Work on song structure and melody. But I like your style, we need more of this.

The noise snare was a little loud and somewhat droning.

Unsubscribe

Yea I agree the beats could use a few more fills here and there.. and there is tons of room on the top for a saxy solo or sultry lead. but everything is is a super solid foundation...

St. Charles, MO

OMG SO GOOOD! MAKE MOAR!

UK

Thanks for all your comments, all really encouraging stuff. Hope to work some of the comments into my next piece, cheers!