I've recently started creating chiptune tracks using LSDJ and a single DMG gameboy. I've been at it about a month now and I know I have a lot more to learn but the tracks on my bandcamp are the ones that are complete.

http://j3wel.bandcamp.com

Each track has been recorded directly from my gameboy using audacity purely for the purpose of creating demos.

I'm very open to any constructive criticism/opinions anyone may have about them.

I look forward to reading any responses and I hope you enjoy listening

J3wel

oo excellent : )

defPREMIUM wrote:

oo excellent : )

What do you think? smile

San Francisco

First song: arpeggios sound compositionally random to me. repetitive at parts that need variation. energy wise it could use some break up too as it is pretty straight all the way. Sounds need more diversity patch wise.

Second song: much better tho i think your bass needs work on variation. repetitive. your noise channel drums are boring sound wise. kick needs to be bigger.

In general:
Your sounds could use some creativity. You might benefit from looking at how to create emulations of echo effects and playing with commands to add articulation to your compositions. The wave channel is really powerful too so don't be afraid to dive in deep and learn a bit of its synthesis.
Composition wise you might want to consider different ways to make it feel more cohesive and deliberate as possible as i noticed a lot of recycled looping.

It's a good beginning to lsdj. keep it up and keep experimenting. cheers.