Taichung, Taiwan

I know this is a longshot but the caanoo forums on gp32x are pretty dead and wanted to see if anyone here was familiar with the issue I am having.

I loaded roms into the rom folder for Ohboy, the gameboy emulator, and when I try to load them on my Caanoo, there is just a blank screen that loads.

Anyway to troubleshoot what is exactly wrong?

*edit*

Sort of figured out the issue. I believe it was a directory problem.

Here are the following screens that I go into. Everything works now.

My question at the moment is, is about the directory. At the beginning of the rom selection screen in the emulator, there is a list of the roms with a "._" in front of the name of the rom. Those are not selectable, however under that list are the roms that can be selected for play.

What does the "._" denote and is there anyway of taking that out? Before when I was having the issue where I couldn't load any roms, there weren't any files with "._" in front of it.

Full-size image at this link -> http://s19.photobucket.com/user/Guild_o … b.jpg.html

Last edited by katsumbhong (Dec 17, 2013 5:59 am)

Unsubscribe

do you have any weird characters or anything in the path for the files? Does it blank out at loading the emulator or only after the roms?

Taichung, Taiwan

The only weird characters would be hyphens.

Taichung, Taiwan

Blanks out after loading the rom.

Taichung, Taiwan

Bump with new info!

Unsubscribe

did you unzip the files? It looks like those . files are hidden files and not actually the roms.

Taichung, Taiwan
herr_prof wrote:

did you unzip the files? It looks like those . files are hidden files and not actually the roms.

Files that were transferred to the Ohboy rom folder were either .gb or .gbc files.

Unsubscribe

what os are you copying them from? Have you tried another sd card?

Taichung, Taiwan
herr_prof wrote:

what os are you copying them from? Have you tried another sd card?

I am using a Mac to transfer the files over. Using the card reader that is built into my MBP. It's an SDXC reader.

The really awkward thing about it is that it is apparently really touchy. MBP sd card readers are apparently quirky.

If I insert the SD card regularly, it will be read only.

If I nudge the SD card in, just ever so slightly so that my MBP can read it, it will be read and write... and I am able to transfer the files over to the SD card at that point.

The current SD card is a 16GB SDHC card that I purchased new. I upgraded the firmware to 1.6.1 with the newest revision via a 2GB SD card (original SD and not SDHC). Using, what I believe to be, the latest version of Ohboy, an unofficial version.

Unsubscribe

You might want to try another sd card reader or another sd card. It sounds kinda like a problem I had when I bought a bootleg Sandisk card from ebay (which is why I only buy legit cards from major retailers now)

Taichung, Taiwan

I got my SD card from Fry's Electronics locally ;w;

Sweeeeeeden

This is not an SD card problem. The ._ files are extra files created by Mac OS X. Those are not the ROM files, but extra files (so called resource forks) containing some sort of information about the corresponding actual files. Normally, those files should be hidden under both OSX and Windows, and never cause a problem, but here, they are visible. Just ignore them and scroll down (or if you're lucky, up past the beginning) to reach the real ROM files.

To solve the problem permanently, see the second answer in the following link. It will tell you how to remove those files and make sure they're never recreated on that SD card.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/question … ds-and-usb

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Dec 17, 2013 3:42 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan
nitro2k01 wrote:

This is not an SD card problem. The ._ files are extra files created by Mac OS X. Those are not the ROM files, but extra files (so called resource forks) containing some sort of information about the corresponding actual files. Normally, those files should be hidden under both OSX and Windows, and never cause a problem, but here, they are visible. Just ignore them and scroll down (or if you're lucky, up past the beginning) to reach the real ROM files.

To solve the problem permanently, see the second answer in the following link. It will tell you how to remove those files and make sure they're never recreated on that SD card.

http://apple.stackexchange.com/question … ds-and-usb

Thanks bro!

Unsubscribe

Oh yea! The obvious!