Lake Titicaca

I have been using the renoise generate custom wave tool to create single cycle waves for use in LGPT but they will not load into an instrument slot.

They are very small 16bit .wav files.  All of these samples play normally in winamp but after I try to import the samples in LGPT the text in the instrument screen remains as "null".

I need to make sure that my SCW samples are at a perfect C3 because I want to use LGPTs unique features (tables etc.) to create sound effects and sequences to import into sunvox songs as samples...and afterwards play guitar to those sunvox songs..they all must be in tune with each other.

I have also exported all the .wavs from the CHIP INSTRUMENTS folder which is included in renoise. Some of them will load in LGPT, some of them wont. I'm really not sure why. Its quite frustrating.

Im running LGPT_PSP_STABLE on PSPGO.

Could anyone tell me exactly what kind of samples does LGPT require?

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Jan 3, 2014 10:26 pm)

Unsubscribe

How did you convert them? There are multiple types of wave files. Post a link to them somewhere?

Taichung, Taiwan

You should probably read the documentation bro.

Lake Titicaca

1.) Generated the samples in renoise 2.8 (x64) using generate custom wave tool.

2.) Saved them to a folder on my desktop by clicking the instrument settings tab in renoise, right clicking the sample, then "save as"...

3.) After collecting all the samples I used "r8brain" and converted all of the samples to 16bit .wav (I think they are supposed to be 16bit straight from renoise anyway, but wanted to make sure).

how can I attach a small file?

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Jan 4, 2014 2:05 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

1.) Generated the samples in renoise 2.8 (x64) using generate custom wave tool.

2.) Saved them to a folder on my desktop by clicking the instrument settings tab in renoise, right clicking the sample, then "save as"...

3.) After collecting all the samples I used "r8brain" and converted all of the samples to 16bit .wav (I think they are supposed to be 16bit straight from renoise anyway, but wanted to make sure).

can I attach files in this forum or do I need a filehosting place?

I think you will need to filehost this !

Abandoned on Fire

Do othet samples load normally in the project?

Lake Titicaca

Yes, other samples load normally

Unsubscribe

Post one and maybe we can tell you what's wrong

Lake Titicaca

Thankyou.

The problem was that I was using r8brain incorrectly.

Renoise outputs 32bit 44100 .wav files.

I converted them to 16bit 22050 .wav using r8brain and everything is now working perfectly.

IL, US

you dont need to drop to 22kHz, 44kHz samples load fine in piggy

Lake Titicaca

Thanks, changed all my samples to 44100khz now.
Found the "adjust" button in renoise sample editor. Using r8brain was unneccessary.
Renoise tools are excellent for creating Single Cycle waves.
AKWF waveforms were awkward to get perfectly in tune in LGPT as they are tuned to D1/2 + 2 cents.