Lake Titicaca

Is LGPT definitely an ongoing project? Is it certain that there will be future updates? I heard that various people have the source and that m--n is working on custom hardware now?

Unsubscribe

Why does it matter? There was a ghetto update just a few months back.

Lake Titicaca

For the Ghetto to go stable.
To fix the problem that some .wav cant be loaded.
Great to see that it still has a lot of users.

Joliette, QC, Canada
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

For the Ghetto to go stable.
To fix the problem that some .wav cant be loaded.
Great to see that it still has a lot of users.

well it can be other things that is not loading your wav...
are your wavs in 16bits or less ? are you running it on psp ? if yes, have you tried to format your memory stick and retry it ?
imo LGPT will always be updated because there is a port on nearly every indie handheld and computer OSes and there is new fonctions on it from time to time !
and btw, LSDJ got a lot of regular updates and it's the same for a lot of other trackers/sequencers too ! wink

lolusa

da world is still in development

Lake Titicaca

Thanks. They are short single cycle waveform 16bit .wav files that I made in renoise custom wave generator tool.
Ive had problems getting it to accept most of the SCWs that I have made for it so far. Maybe because Im running it in halfbyteloader on pspgo.
I have the dingoo version as well. I'll try the same samples in that tomorrow to find out if its a problem with HalfByteLoader/pspgo or not. After that I'll try to make some waveforms in milkytracker instead of renoise and try that. Hope LGPT does continue to be updated. Its already awesome software but still a few frustrating things about it.

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Jan 4, 2014 1:17 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

Thanks. They are short single cycle waveform 16bit .wav files that I made in renoise custom wave generator tool.
Ive had problems getting it to accept most of the SCWs that I have made for it so far. Maybe because Im running it in halfbyteloader on pspgo.
I have a dingoo as well, so I'll try that tomorrow to find out if its a problem with HalfByteLoader/pspgo or not. After that I'll try to make some waveforms in milkytracker instead of renoise and try that. Hope LGPT does continue to be updated. Its already awesome software but still a few frustrating things.

pspgo...yeah I got some troubles with it (my old psp died I'm stuck on it !) I think the most stable HEN I found for it was the latest PRO-C one ! (but still crash if you want to load song too fast...I can't described it...but you will understand when it will happen.It crash the audio engine and you need to quit and restart the software !)

Lake Titicaca

HalfByteLoader has been pretty good to me so far, Im only using very small samples though

http://wololo.net/hbl/

Other than that pspgo is a little less comfortable to hold than the other psps

Last edited by JaffaCakeMexica (Jan 4, 2014 1:30 am)

Just to make an official statement RE: still in development. I am completely commited to fix bugs that annoy people or port it to new platforms. WRT to new features, one of the main issue right now is that I can't add much more without breaking older platforms because they are already pretty short in cpu cycles. So unless I decide to drop support for anything beside caanoo / rpi / 700Mhz platform my hands are tight.

I've also rebased the piggy code on a newer architecture platform and it's kind of working (probably more cpu hungry though). This might open up interesting possibilities in the future but I don't know what and when big_smile

Unsubscribe

Personally Id love to see the current ghetto become a version 1, that works great and frees you up for a version 2 branch that may or may not work on old gp2x esqe consoles. The v1 branch would of course still see bug fixes but not get any new ghettos.

Lake Titicaca

Wonderful news! (maybe in the future, LGPT on android tab with bluetooth ps3 controller?)