Unsubscribe

http://www.renoise.com/release-notes/300

Seems like lots of cool stuff for live playback have been added, but the most interesting to me:

Oh, wait - one more thing … soon, we will introduce a new member of the Renoise family: a standalone plugin called Redux. For the first time - without resorting to tricks like Rewire - the sample-mangling capabilities of Renoise will be available to any DAW. And any instrument created in Renoise will be fully compatible with Redux, and vice versa.

Brunswick, GA USA

I always watch over the betas and RCs but I usually don't try them out until they've matured, but if version 2 is any indication of how great it all can be, I can't wait.

Redux allows a workflow like Hitori Tori's but will make it way easier to set up.

Tokyo, Japan

I must admit, I didn't really "get" the instrument phrases thing. Is it just a complex arpeggiator or am I missing something?

Unsubscribe

Yea it seems like one of those REAL TIME SEQUENCER dealies. I imagine breakidsz and idmdudez will love the ability to have a complex slice and be able to trigger it at will from a master sequence list or pad controller.

Tokyo, Japan

But why would you not just use one long sample?

Unsubscribe

Because you can have a phrase with a bunch of notes that be affected by random commands and external midi control in a way that a rendered loop cannot.

Milwaukee, WI

Does anyone know if Renoise 3 addresses real time audio recording? For instance, I have the audio from an external analog synth running through a Line Input device, triggered by MIDI within Renoise and I'm adjusting Renoise vst parameters on the fly. You can render the song with external audio, but this would mean you have to automate all vst edits/movements. You can record to sample, but you cannot properly monitor effects and audio while recording. I've been using Voxengo to record the external audio/knob movements, but this does not record the vst affected audio.

I assume this is where Ableton excels?

*edit*

Rewire w/ Reaper might be what I'm looking for, but it sounds like Renoise is dropping support for Rewire. Am I wrong?

Last edited by TSC (Jan 9, 2014 1:43 am)

Brunswick, GA USA

I don't think the objective is to get rid of Rewire as much as it is to provide an alternative.