Hy Guys,

Posted this on Mssiah forum, without luck, maybe it is a dead forum...

Actually Im not a Mssiah user, I mean, not NOW.
Still gathering all of the parts for the mods (pots, in/out, lcd...), and wondering about something :

I saw a tutorial somewhere, that guys are getting 9V from the main board for small LCD-s...simple guitar pedals are using 9V batteries...why not build one (for example an old Boss DS-1) inside the case before the output?

Sorry if the question is silly, never saw this so...

Dallas, Texas

Well they might draw too much current from the supply. The couple LCD mods I've have separate plugs for the screen. Iff you over work your commodore's PSU, things can turn badly. Those old bricks are working hard enough as it is, I think a modern 12v LCD like the TFT 3.5" for example will draw a decent amount over current, adding pedals would just be a bad idea in my opinion.

I guess if you wanted to put one pedal in and call it quits, then you might be able to get away with it. But just beware.

clovis CA

why not just replace the psu with a laptop psu or simething?

I tried to build a distorion pedal ina C64 once, almost fried my sid chip big_smile

I had the sid disconnected while modding, but when I checked the +v at the sid port, it gave 18v instead of 9...
It should work basically, because i was able to fix it, and find a stable +9 for the pedal, but beter be careful, disconnect the sid while modding, because they fry easily.

I see.
I think I will mount an adapter plug (for the pedal) on the back of the C64 and just give power from outside.

San Diego

Does it matter that the pedal uses 9V DC and the 9V in the C64 is AC?

I think yes...Im not a big electrician, so I will just mount plugs for audio and A/V and will install the pots.

the power supply gives AC, but i believe internal the C64 has 9volt DC.