would it be possible to suggest some good basic tables?

For example,

volume fade in + fade out in tables so that the volume fades in and out in time, like volume swells and tremelo
vibrato in which the pitch bends up one semitone and back down to original pitch in time

i can see that putting hop on 0c and 06 gives you the straight rythms while hops on 08 and 04 will give triplets.. Im not sure how the first two digits of the volm command in tables relates to ticks. advice about tables using lega and ptch would be awesome too if anyone has the time.

Last edited by U_Loaf (May 19, 2013 12:26 pm)

Douglas, Wyoming

For a fade you don't need a table just make the volume 0A-0F

Abandoned on Fire

Hopefully you'll get some bleo love in this thread as he is the Table Master but in the meantime:

For volume shifts in particular there's a couple things to remember.  You'll almost certainly want to set your instrument volume to zero like so:

This is so your instrument can start from quiet and swell upwards.
Next you need to use the Hop command in your table to give the volume commands some time to take effect like so:

So the first volume command raises the volume from zero to 30 at speed 03.
Then the hop command makes the table "wait" on step 01 for 08 ticks.
Next volume command lowers the volume to zero at speed 03.
Hop command "waits" on step 03 for 08 ticks.
Final hop command sends the cursor back to step 00.

Variations of that setup will give you vibrato etc depending on what you use in place of volume commands.
Hope that helps!  smile

Last edited by egr (May 12, 2013 1:54 am)

Thanks for helping me understand this.

Last edited by U_Loaf (May 19, 2013 12:29 pm)

ohio gozaimasu
Monotron wrote:

Wrong program

Douglas, Wyoming
Cooshinator wrote:
Monotron wrote:

Wrong program

Ah I see, OP didn't really specify what he was talking about so I assumed. Never jump to conclusions. sad

Monotron wrote:
Cooshinator wrote:

Wrong program

Ah I see, OP didn't really specify what he was talking about so I assumed. Never jump to conclusions. sad

I very nearly jumped to a similar conclusion, then I noticed it's in the LGPT forum.

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

When it comes to tables, your imagination is the limit. Pay attention to commands like GROV (which will make the table have the same speed of the chain, unless you start fiddling with GROV later), HOP, that will help you create loops, VOLM for envelopes (using with HOP and GROV will make it easy to create a basic envelope) and etc. If you're dealing with oscilator mode, I really sugest you two things: download monowave and start fiddling with LPOF and HOP. With oscilator and a table like this I was able, for instance, to use piggy as an autotune machine.

thanks for all the help.

Last edited by U_Loaf (May 19, 2013 12:02 pm)

Douglas, Wyoming
Zef wrote:
Monotron wrote:

I very nearly jumped to a similar conclusion, then I noticed it's in the LGPT forum.

Ah, I see it now. It was a front pager so I didn't pay much mind to the section, shame on me really

Tables are pretty simple imho, you're overthinking it. Is there an Ikea in your town? Theirs are easy to figure out. If the table is rectangular, I usually just put one leg in each corner like 4 to the floor, runs smoothly/stable. Desks are similar. But a good beginner's table can be circular with one leg. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any advice on bookshelves.

I get most of my polyrhythm delay tables at the flea market,,,

Douglas, Wyoming

I think stools are a great place for beginners to start. they're a lot smaller and more mobile making it a lot simpler to manipulate and place

Geneva, NY
Monotron wrote:

I think stools are a great place for beginners to start. they're a lot smaller and more mobile making it a lot simpler to manipulate and place

I'll give ya stool.

United States
egr wrote:

Hopefully you'll get some bleo love in this thread as he is the Table Master but in the meantime:

For volume shifts in particular there's a couple things to remember.  You'll almost certainly want to set your instrument volume to zero like so:

This is so your instrument can start from quiet and swell upwards.
Next you need to use the Hop command in your table to give the volume commands some time to take effect like so:

So the first volume command raises the volume from zero to 30 at speed 03.
Then the hop command makes the table "wait" on step 01 for 08 ticks.
Next volume command lowers the volume to zero at speed 03.
Hop command "waits" on step 03 for 08 ticks.
Final hop command sends the cursor back to step 00.

Variations of that setup will give you vibrato etc depending on what you use in place of volume commands.
Hope that helps!  smile

Would this hop system work for pwm as well in between lpof commands? Doing what http://wiki.littlegptracker.com/doku.ph … modulation suggests but putting a couple hops in between?

Edit: I'm shooting for a c64 sound.

Last edited by IceWolf (Mar 2, 2014 6:15 pm)