Seville (Spain)

This time I bring you the entire* EMAX I library straight from disk 1:1 just converted to 8 bit for use with our miggies. The samples have been extracted from the original floppy library using CMXPn and converted to 8svx with no resampling. Notes from F-3 to A-3 works fine, and you can upsample without much aliasing if you need higher octaves due to its quality.

Not much to say about EMU. Here you can find some famous samples like enigma shakuhachi, and many other st-xx sounds in its original form. Look into TINE_STRINGS, PIPELINE and RAGIN_WATERS for instant pleasure!!!

This could be one of the best sample libraries available for Amiga but it has some things you should take care:

-This collection doesn't have any loop set. You will have to do it manually.
-The bit depth has drop from 16 to 8 bit to fit amiga standards, but compression is applied to preserve the quality as much as possible.
-Sample names coudn't be preserved, so they have named after the emu-bank they belong
-Some samples are >65534 bytes, so loading in protracker will cut them. If you want the full sample to be used, you must upsample it (using soundbox for example).

download here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxg0eo46pvq03 … rAmiga.zip

* some disks are missing due to faulty conversion. working on them.

I'm still working on new sample banks, next to come: ENSONIQ MIRAGE

to be true, I preffer the Fairlight CMI one. What do you think?

Canada

This is badass, man. Thanks a tonne for sharing:) I'll play around with this soon.

EDIT: Man these are great quality, and open native in milky, as well.

Last edited by Jansaw (Mar 12, 2014 4:19 pm)

Youngstown, OH

I downloaded this because I think these will be awesome to use in SunVox but they're all in a file type I've never used before (I'm guessing it's some sort of amiga or protracker specific format?). Any way one could get these into .wav or something similar?

Last edited by sleepytimejesse (Mar 12, 2014 7:27 am)

London, UK

All these incredible sample libraries from Adrdesign are, more than anything else right now, wanting to make me buy an Amiga.

London, UK

Whaddya know, Renoise loads 8SVX files natively. Hooray!

Warwickshire, UK

\m/

Seville (Spain)

THANKS FOR THE CHEERS!!!

sleepytimejesse wrote:

I downloaded this because I think these will be awesome to use in SunVox but they're all in a file type I've never used before (I'm guessing it's some sort of amiga or protracker specific format?). Any way one could get these into .wav or something similar?

You can batch convert these collections with Wavosaur (windows), a free SOX-based sample editor with many useful functions. All the 8svx and iff samples will be recognised and converted to wav. For those .sb samples in Fairlight Library you will have to wait a while (i will release the final pack in short with both .wav and .8svx formats).

If you make some music with these please post it here, I'll be glad to listen!!

F$$K THE OBSOLESCENCE!

Milwaukee, WI
matt.nida wrote:

Whaddya know, Renoise loads 8SVX files natively. Hooray!

Does it? What version of Renoise are you using?