Philadelphia, PA

Hi guys!  I have all my gear prepped and I will be attempting to install this beauty into my NES-001.

I've read all the relevant threads here about this mod (at length) and I have the website guide/video but I was just wondering if you guys have an individual tips or tricks in terms of installing it.

More specifically, it seems incredibly straight forward but I was just wondering if you guys with more experience with these kinds of things may have come across any minor complications and/or you think there's a slightly better way to do it than mentioned in the previous threads (many of which are from 2011 or so).

Thanks guys!

Cleveland, OH

I've installed a few of them into the NES and it really is pretty straight forward. Just make sure your soldering is clean and your wiring doesn't get pinched somewhere.
I also tried it in my C64 but the gain was too high and just kind of distorted the audio.

Dallas, Texas

Only thing I would suggest is to read the documentation before the install. Reason being is that when I installed mine I put it sticking out of the right hand side of the white part of the enclosure. The wire lengths where design with the assumption that you are installing it in the default location coming out of the back of the grey part of the console. I ended up having to extend one of the twisted pairs. Other then that it is very straight forward.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Mar 31, 2014 7:22 pm)

Philadelphia, PA

Thanks guys.  It installed without a hitch!  Sounds really great too.  It really was super simple.  I had a bit of trouble cutting the tabs out of the floor of the console (my cutter is pretty dull) but other than that, no other problems.  Now to get this potentiometer installed for the expansion audio and I'm in business smile