Hello,

I'm interested to purchase an LTC1799 PCB in Europe.
So far I found this one:  http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forsale/LTC/LTCPCB.html

Being new to such mods it is difficult for me to figure out if this is a fair deal, it does feel a bit pricy...

Any hints would be super appreciated!
Thanks smile

Cleveland, OH

I'd say it's a fair price. The components for variable clock kits are insanely expensive! It's only .05 cents more than our basic kit!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
ultrageranium wrote:

Hello,

I'm interested to purchase an LTC1799 PCB in Europe.
So far I found this one:  http://www.circuitbenders.co.uk/forsale/LTC/LTCPCB.html

Being new to such mods it is difficult for me to figure out if this is a fair deal, it does feel a bit pricy...

Any hints would be super appreciated!
Thanks smile

Looks like a good deal, completely assembled and ready to install.
Yogi

Thanks for the answers!

thursdaycustoms wrote:

The components for variable clock kits are insanely expensive!

But aren't the components themselves very cheap? I would say such price is for labour and design rather than for the material, no?

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
ultrageranium wrote:

Thanks for the answers!

thursdaycustoms wrote:

The components for variable clock kits are insanely expensive!

But aren't the components themselves very cheap? I would say such price is for labour and design rather than for the material, no?

Yea, about half is parts/PCB and for these SOT parts pre assembled it is worth it, for most. When you factor in the cost of ordering single quantities with S&H and making a PCB (either DIY or sending out to FAB) you'r very close to the cost of the assembled unit.
Going the DIY route can be fulfilling, but not always cost saving. Having a well stocked parts collection helps, but  I've got more then a few projects waiting on my next parts order; paying $8 shipping on a $1 part is a NO GO. smile
Yogi

yogi wrote:

Going the DIY route can be fulfilling, but not always cost saving. Having a well stocked parts collection helps, but  I've got more then a few projects waiting on my next parts order; paying $8 shipping on a $1 part is a NO GO. smile
Yogi

Good point. Thanks again for the help smile