South Korea

A lot of you have probably played Yume Nikki, and if you haven't, you should, it's quite the mindfuck!
Anyway, I had the idea to do a little collab album. Each participant should choose one aspect of the game, be it an area, character, effect or event, and write a song inspired by it. To make things fair, it will be first come, first served, and if a character or whatever has already been taken, choose something else.

The title for the album will be decided by the community. If anybody wants to submit cover art, that would also be awesome smile
If anybody wants to use sample sounds/songs from the game, grab it here, it was formatted to work with Piggy, and have generic English titles because it's hard to work with Japanese characters.

Feel free to use any program you want, it doesn't have to be sample based. There is even a Famicom area in the game, so if any Famitracker experts want to contribute, that would be grand!
If you want to contribute, comment below, and be sure to let us know what aspect of the game you want to base your song on.

The deadline for submissions is June 20, and the album will be released on June 24.
All tracks/artwork can be sent to (myusername)@gmail.com or PM'ed on this website.

6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9 6_9
                          CONTRIBUTING ARTISTS

DeerPresident     - Monoko (and maybe PoopHair if I have the time)
iamowlsense       - FC Demon
Lack of Sound     - 8bit Underground
ForaBrokenEarth - ?
tragicallyShoujo   - ?
DBOYD                - Flute Room

Last edited by DeerPresident (May 4, 2014 3:16 am)

cool idea! don't think i have it in me right now but i wish this the best : )
if you want to host it on the parsley site feel free!

South Korea
defPREMIUM wrote:

cool idea! don't think i have it in me right now but i wish this the best : )
if you want to host it on the parsley site feel free!

Thanks man, I will definitely take you up on the offer smile I can't believe that this hasn't been done already. 24 EFFECTS was okay, but I think the people on this site can do it a bit better. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

detroit

i completely forgot about this game. depending on the deadline and my personal life/projects i may have a go at this.

South Korea

My track will be based on the character Monoko. I might also do a track inspired by PoopHair (shithead?) if nobody else claims it.

California

I'm down to do this with you guys, this game was insane! anyone have dibs on FC Demon yet?

South Korea
iamowlsense wrote:

anyone have dibs on FC Demon yet?

It's YOURS!!! FC Demon will be a fun one smile Just send your track to me when you are finished with it, there is no rush really. Seeing as there isn't too much interest in this project it will probably be an EP or just a little split.

So. California

Is it too late to join the collaboration? If not, I'd like to do an 8bit underground inspired tune.

South Korea
Lack of Sound wrote:

Is it too late to join the collaboration? If not, I'd like to do an 8bit underground inspired tune.

Get on it, man! Write your track and send it to me when you are done smile

Nottingham, UK

Absolutely love Yume Nikki. The first track on my last album started as a wierd attempt at trying to tap into the weird vibe of it. Also My band is called "Toriningen" after the enemy from Yume Nikki tongue

I'll put myself forward for it!

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Apr 16, 2014 3:29 pm)

Nottingham, UK

Some how I double posted. sorry.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Apr 16, 2014 3:21 pm)

South Korea

Yes, yes, YES!!! This is starting to pick up a little smile Quite excited to see what you guys come up with for this one, this should be interesting.
Everyone can PM me a link to their song, or email the file to (my username) at gmail.

California, US

Pretty down for this! Is this thread the best place to keep up with this or is there another posting for this etc etc

South Korea
tragicallyShoujo wrote:

Pretty down for this! Is this thread the best place to keep up with this or is there another posting for this etc etc

Welcome! Yes, this thread is the only place where this collab is happening. As soon as we have a few more people, I will update the first post with a preliminary list of contributing artists, as well as the deadline. Also, if anybody has ideas for a album title, please don't keep it to yourself smile

Oklahoma City, OK

I've heard about this game and I'm itching to be on a collab again, so even though I've never played it, I'm going to check it out. So, what I mean is, I'd like to be a part of this smile I'll let you know who/what/where once I decide on something. Is that okay? Or is there a deadline set for this already?

edit: nvm, deadline will be set once there are more peeps onboard. Missed that part at first. So far I'm really liking the waiting room where the flute is located, so count me in for that!

Last edited by DBOYD (May 2, 2014 3:30 am)

South Korea

Okay, I think we have a good collection of peeps together now smile Let's get this thing going! I have exams and some other obligations coming up, but I think I will be able to manage this.

Let's set the deadline for June 20. I think that gives everybody enough time to write something good. An then we can release it on the 24th, because there is NO OTHER date to do it.
I will accept ALL tracks submitted by the deadline, but it would be nice if you comment on this thread to at least let everybody know what you are basing your song on.
All submissions can be PMed via a dropbox or emailed to (myusername)@gmail.com

I will edit the first post a bit later and make a little roll-call, listing everybody and their proposed influences. It will remain open till deadline, so anybody can sign up at any time.

Good luck everybody.