Tokyo

Hey there, my name's Nate, but my username is 白虎 or byakko, basically a white tiger god in Japanese and Chinese mythology.  I figured I'm white, year of the tiger, and speak Japanese and a little Chinese so why not.  Both my bros got into chiptunes before me, theta_frost or keaton or whatever his current handle is is my little bro, and then the Laohu is my older bro.  Figured I should get into it too since I enjoy listening a lot and it's the cats pajamas.  Originally from Milwaukee, WI but I'm currently living in the countryside of Japan, and am moving to Tokyo for my next job in July.  There's nothing quite like walkin down the streets of Tokyo while crankin some chip, I tell ya.  Been collecting DMGs, pockets, and a semi-rare clear orange/clear black gbc for modding so excited for my kitsch order to come this next week or so.  Anyways, still getting my feet wet, but excited to turn up and play it loud!

Utah

Welcome Byakko, I look forward to hearing your jams!

Tokyo

And I look forward to jamming your hears.

L―c―o

Hello.  I am Materia Medica, and so are you.

I hope that I'll soon be able to share things with you all, learn a lot, and make friends.

Namaste

Hey guys im getting into chiptunes. i have a video up and i would like any tips/advice people have on the genre. thanks guys! this is my first chiptune http://youtu.be/GJk0durnuIU

Hi all, I'm not new to the scene but I've been away for some time. I used to lurk around the old 2a03.org community. I have a busted DS that I salvaged to only play GBA, Its good enough to run Nanoloop. Right now I'm going for some DMG-01's, have some fun modding them.
Currently I don't have any tunes worth boasting about, I hope with time they will come smile

I already lurked around this forum and I liked a lot of the posts here, they're good stuff. Looking forward to learn with all of you, lets make some chiptune.

Cheers

Basically, I'm just another italian newbie looking to get high on LSD...J (sorry, bad joke tongue). The only problem is that i am (always) in a creativity crisis.

So yeah, hello there!

Michigan

I guess I'm new enough here...
My name is lucas noah and I used to do fakebit stuff with fl studio, but as soon as I got my hands on LSDJ, it was love at first byte.
Been in a lot of bands and can play anything that makes sound. Not always well, but I can get something out of nearly anything.

Greetings!

I was involved with the last Famicompo before that became history. I've still been creating NSFs since then.

Here's a recent one I've done for May the 4th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEhhMahryi4

By the way, I also go by Jedi QuestMaster.

The Pacific Ocean

Hello, my name is Paden (Pronounced Pay-den), but I go by Payday because that was my childhood nickname and I'm always trying to make money. ummmm I've modded 3 dmg's and broken like 5... Screwed up a couple gb colors and still kinda suck at lsdj. I'm still learning everything, but I'm trying hard and failing harder...     smile

matt's mind

deleted the double post, happens sometimes wink

Payday wrote:

I'm trying hard and failing harder...     smile

really appreciate this sort of sentiment big_smile

The Pacific Ocean
kitsch wrote:

deleted the double post, happens sometimes wink

Payday wrote:

I'm trying hard and failing harder...     smile

really appreciate this sort of sentiment big_smile

Yea sorry

Bella Vista

Hi! Im Federico from Buenos Aires, Argentina and im trying to develop some games, ive been learning a year and ive recently finished my 4th game called OtherWorld (http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/208119/#p208119).

I love chiptunes, you´ll notice right away how music is carefully selected for each part of the game.

Of course Ive asked for permission for each song.

Hope you enjoy!

Fede

Last edited by jupitron (May 8, 2014 10:57 pm)

Whateverville, California

I'm Imaginary. But most people call me Frankie. I've been making music since 2000, but this is my first year making chiptune. Here's my latest track: https://soundcloud.com/imaginary-chipmusic/unrequited

Hey, all. My name is João Victor, thus my nickname, I'm starting to learn chip music now, though I don't have much time to practice, I still try, when I happen to get some tunes, I'll upload them here. smile

Heya!

I'm ZBW or Zabwhee... Whichever you prefer! Up until a few years ago, I was mostly a jazz composer/performer, but I've always been really inspired by the music I heard growing up on the NES and SNES. My first musical experiences, in fact, were of transcribing various themes from the SNES Final Fantasy's and older games like the Legend of Zelda and Contra... Which is sort of what inspired me to get into composing Chiptunes. That and listening to disasterPEACE for the first time! That was when I first had my "Woah, you can DO that?!" moment. Anyways! Check out some of my stuff! Here's a song: https://soundcloud.com/zeebeedoubleu/trail-traversal

Enjoy!