I assume you tried to use the 00xx command like 0xy would work in pretty much all other trackers. The 00xx command is to be used in instrument programs only:

You need to make the instrument program use the arp notes you set with 10xy. Use the magic arpeggio command 00F0 to use the first (x) note and 00F1 to use the second note (y). These are called external arpeggio notes and in the instrument program they show as EXT0 and EXT1.

That is, in pattern you have 1047 (major chord), and in the instrument program you have 0000, 00F0 and 00F1 - followed by the jump instruction FF00. The result is the "standard" tritone arp cycling from triggered note (arp note 0), then to EXT0 (4) and then to EXT1 (7).

You also only to use the 10xy command need when you change the chord, you do not need that for every row as you do in most other trackers.

That clarified the issue for me. Is there a special reason for this, instead of implementing the "usual" way in calling 00xy via the pattern fx column? Just curious. smile

Well, this of course allows for more complex arpeggios. E.g. you can have a major arp that goes 0-4-7-12-16-19 etc. (Tim Follin style multi octave arpeggios!). That would work something like this:

00F0
00F1
110C -- 12 semitones up (join this command with SPACE)
0000 -- this is now 0 + 12 semitones
00F0 -- EXT0 + 12 semitones 
00F1 -- EXT1 + 12 semitones 
000C -- 12 + 12 semitones
00F1 -- we now start go to back down
00F0
120C -- back to the original octave (join this also)
00F1
00F0
FF00 -- loop

If you mean why it's 10xy and not 00xy in the pattern... well I guess I decided to leave it as it is since there are other differences from the "standard" tracker commands.

I'm sitting here at revision, trying to finish an executable newskool. 3 coders are having problems, because I built the track with the nightly and it doesn't  compile with the provided lib, nor opening in the main release. Do you have any wise advise you can give, or wisdom to share? We need to finish the entry at Saturday 00:00. Proper Credit and Praises will be given. smile

Psydney, Australia

Did you use FM in the song?

Ah ok the lib is not up to date. I have to go spend my money at the Record Store Day and after that I shall upload the lib it (before midnight for sure). Probably before noon (in three hours).

Edit: Do you need some specific compile options like for size, no stereo etc.?

Edit II: Here's a quick build of the static lib (I assume this is a executable music entry and you don't probably want DLL's for that). I.e. link in gcc with "-lksndstatic" and also link to winmm, msvcrt, kernel32 and user32.  I compiled for smallest size and of course with no SDL dependencies. Let me know if this doesn't work.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1190319/libksnd.zip

Last edited by kometbomb (Apr 19, 2014 5:41 am)

Thanks to you, kometbomb and ghost (our coder which also managed to get it running 2hrs after deadline) I could handle in the track. If it weren't for you both coding while I was boozed to grow another head to get shitfaced, it wouldn't have been possible. Not a good place was reached, but the track is nice.

For those interested, here is the final .exe for windows. Just run it via cmd.
https://app.box.com/s/9xcm82nf91y8kdqrl9ks

And for all other people, there's a soundcloud mp3 file:
https://soundcloud.com/bodmusic/synch-squatterpunk-x

\o/

I will post some kind of precompiled framework that eats songs and spits out some kind of standard executable. Should make last minute entries easier.

This would be a blast. Since evoke is a straight forward joke in music compos, I might have the next chance not before the tUM party. But I'd love to put out a complete Klystrack album and provide the .exe to each song along.

Hi! I just started making a track using the nightly build for linux (my mac is out of commission - thought it was a good chance to get back into it smile ) .. Should I build from source or is this new enough to use?

New enough to use = anything after about 1.4.0, meaning you can open the songs in later versions. Some very early versions will not save the file so that it can be opened in the latest versions.

Unless you want to play with the (experimental) FM feature, then the latest Linux .deb is "new enough". smile There could also be some little fixes that are not in the .deb so if you have any trouble, then do compile the latest.

Last edited by kometbomb (May 7, 2014 7:14 am)

Gotta say I'm really impressed with this tracker. Very well done. Slowly learning how to use it with n00bstar's tutorials.

Believe me. You _want_ to play with the experimental FM feature. smile

Tokyo, Japan

does anyone have a.deb of the most recent nightly by any chance? Compiling it myself is a bit beyond me....

E: Fuck, can't read.

The latest Windows nightly is a few pages back, the Dropbox link (Google stopped hosting project files). I haven't had much time or will to work on this for a few months (yes, I do feel terribly guilty about it so no need to say anything).

Anyways, I'll compile the .deb later today.

Last edited by kometbomb (Jun 16, 2014 6:40 am)

Tokyo, Japan

wow! Thanks a lot man. You don't to feel guilty, just want you to know we all still love the project and nice to see you are still with us!