New Zealand
thedimitry wrote:

I find it difficult to explain to a costumer that my product smells like cherry.

Cherry scent gameboy? Im in fucking heaven

UK, Leicester
kineticturtle wrote:

I finally got this together. The buttons aren't entirely matching, but the pattern is complete now that I found a green cartridge shell...

How did you manage to get a green cart the same as the original colour? The only green cart I've seen was the one Deerpresident was selling a while back, and that was more tennisball green.

Matthew Joseph Payne

A few of them have popped up - I got this one from Glitch Militia. It was a multicart, another one I saw was a Harry Potter rip. They're obvious bootlegs, but the color match is pretty damn close.

Actually I'd say, if you did not now that Nintendo never made official green carts, then you would be fooled. It's that good. I'm glad to finally let you have it kineticturtle. I know it's a better home smile And thanks for helping me further towards my project, you will hopefully see it soon. Alpine if you are interested in some close ups and gut shots of that cart, look no further: https://www.flickr.com/photos/62235217@ … 357487558/

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Apr 25, 2014 4:12 am)

I once started this guide and never finished it:
http://www.timbob.nl/carts/cart%20guide.htm

tongue

I've seen that before. You should make a new one. You are free to use my pic's if you credit me. As you can see it is the same color green as PiL

I should...

Do it, DO it, DO IT.....

1000th post yikes

Detroit

bivert crew

Italy
kineticturtle wrote:

I finally got this together. The buttons aren't entirely matching, but the pattern is complete now that I found a green cartridge shell...

loving this

using alternated colors is the best

CA

I call it Post Apocalypse Boy

Features:
- Post pot-6.5mm and 3.5mm line out
- Double inversion
- Variable oscillator based on LTC1799
- Green backlight (handheldlegend.com) with brightness control via trim pot.
- PS/2 from kitsch-bent.com
- 1 and 1/2 clock speed switch
- New capacitors for the power regulator and the headphone jack
- Removed headphone PCB to save space for other mods (caps are connected directly to the jack)
- DB25 female connector used as a breakout for buttons and LCD data so in the future I could get video output to the VGA display, TV or laptop and plug in NES controller (additional work is required of course).
- Translucent red buttons from asmretro.com

Worklog is here

Dallas, Texas
friendofmegaman wrote:

I call it Post Apocalypse Boy

That is pure sex. Excellent work!

Has anyone tried spraying the inside of a colored clear case?

Dadibom wrote:

Has anyone tried spraying the inside of a colored clear case?

Yes.

-edit-
had to look for some pics.
the colours alter, of course. but if you pick the right combo, you get cool results.

the 2nd one is transparent green, and painted from the inside from purple, to neon yellow to white.
the third is transparent blue, and painted purple to yellow from the inside, gave some cool effects.

I'm afraid transparent red will turn most colours in a brown haze tongue

Last edited by Timbob (May 1, 2014 10:18 pm)