Florida, USA

I want a sustained crash cymbal sound and was wondering if there is a way to get such a sound out of the pulse channels. My noise channel on this track is carrying the hats and snare so I cant get the sustain I am looking for with out cutting some snare and hat hits.

https://soundcloud.com/andbolio/to-get- … d-her-wip3

Also looking for general CC. Specifically, is the intro too noisy and unnecessary?

Thanks in advance

King's Lynn, UK

Don't worry about your intro - I think it's awesome.

As for the percussion, I don't think I can help. You could maybe do it with a second GB if it's super important. You'll have more versatility for everything else then too.

England

it might be easier to move the closed hats and snares to a pulse channel (hint: use fast vibratos for snappy perc sounds on pulse)

sorry i havnt listened to your track - at work smile

Florida, USA

Thanks again for the responses.

HillyOTM: I have a second unmodded DMG but no extra cart to load LSDJ on. Either way from the advice I have read on this forum it would be wisest to master LSDJ before worrying about doubling up. That said it is definitely an approach I plan taking once I properly equip myself. I appreciate the intro feedback as well smile

Jellica: Despite not listening to the track your advice is very helpful. I am using pulse kicks in this track but I blindly overlooked using it for other percussion. This will definitely free up some fun space in the noise channel.

Outer Space

That intro is really good. I'm pretty jealous.

Sustained crashes are so awesome but so hard to do on one gameboy. There just isn't much space for it. You could try making a series of noise channel instruments that sound like the combination of the hi hat and the decaying crash. Shape commands might come in handy but Im not sure how easy it will be to get it to sound right.

Im with everyone else, that intro is fresh.

Florida, USA

Yet again thanks for the responses. Im glad the work in the intro can be included without turning away listenter's before the song even begins. I will try that noise channel technique after a beer or two, it sounds frustrating haha. It sounds like the easiest solution would be to just cough up the dough on a second cart.