Leiden

Feedback would be awesome!!!

Let's start by saying that I always try to come up with *added values* for things. Just a thing that makes it different then others that would otherwise be the same. Sadly most ideas end up in the refrigerator, together with all kind of crazy game-concepts and unfinished songs... however, this time it finally worked out! And I am very close to finalize the project. I hope to finish it within 2 weeks.

So, still here? Then let me explain what it is all about and I would love to see feedback regarding this idea.
Nutshell. +19 years digital music creator with an undying love and passion for video-games. Since I started to create 8bit inspired music 2 years ago it seems that I finally found a genre that fits my ideas and now I am at the point where I got a 2nd album coming up. I didn't want to put out just a regular album with 12 songs on it and put it on bandcamp to hopefully find an audience. Since I have had multiple awesome projects on YT and started to grow an audience I wanted to come up with something fresh! Something different and still totally Carf!

Since I have created my first music video (done with RPGVX-Ace) I wanted to do more with this program, blend it more often with music projects to create an image on YT that could become its own character. I already did a lot of other projects with RPGVX but like usual, it ended in the fridge and was never released. Now that I learned more and got a bigger crowd to share this with, Pixel me square was finally possible!

It all started with an interactive part where you can walk around as an 8bit character and listen to my music, but then the idea started to grow. I extended the idea with Carfie his studio and a lot of interactive objects (as in background information that you can read, when clicking on certain objects). And finally I added Devion to be able to build a story around the location.

The story now goes like this.
Carf recently moved and the new studio is finally done. The new location got tons of space for crazy projects so besides his audio studio, it also includes a kind of Gallery room (the AudioLounge) and Devion took the basement, where he worked on an awesome simulator. He dubbed it the VST, the Virtual Sound Test simulator (fellow digital creators will understand the abbreviation ;p) and its main use is to test Carf his music in a *save gameplay enviroment*. Well, those who have seen the first ep of Dark and Darko know that whatever has been build by Devion is never concidered *save*. This VST thingie is a mini RPG with approx 30 minutes gameplay and ingame ALL songs from the album will make an appearance ingame.
Last but not least, the AudioLounge, this gallery contains all songs and you can walk around freely while listening to all the songs from the album.

Since the start of this project my Youtube subscribers where able to sign up and be an NPC in the audio lounge, ingame are now +40 NPC's that all got their own message for Carf.
And we have a whole bunch of special guests, youtube friends and fellow creators that I worked with in the past. GameTheory's MattPatt, Dan Bull, Dave and Joe (Gamesack) and some more smile.

Wow that was a pretty long explanation but its pretty hard to explain the project itself!
Besides this *game* the bandcamp version will also contain a regular folder with all the songs as a WAV file.

So... what does CM think about a project like this?
Check out the trailer, it will make MUCH more sense anyway wink.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjODZCTtPnA

Last edited by Carfie (May 20, 2014 10:14 am)

Leiden

Fellow creators! Share your thoughts! What do you think about this idea smile.

perth, WA

sounds good, looking forward to seeing it

Leiden

Gonna do a final playtest tonight, still trying to polish the **** out of it in order to make it awesome wink.
Hope to release it before the end of the month.