Youngstown, OH

I made this little demo of the sounds in SunVox: https://soundcloud.com/sleepytimejesse/ … escription

So I'm getting together a crunchy orchestral sample pack for sunvox/piggy/renoise/etc. and am going to give it away free. Before posting what I have I thought I'd open it up to anyone else who is handy at chopping up samples to maybe make it a bigger thing.

What I am looking for are unique and dirty "one-shot" recordings of solo instruments. They can be vanilla or have some sort of articulation into the main note (which should be some C, to make everyone's life easier). All of the sounds included right now are sounds I have cut from live recordings of my friends playing in YSU's Bliss Hall or of myself hanging around my house playing different instruments into a ZOOM h4n. I don't want super clean sounds, just wanna make something unique that people might get a kick out of here and there. If you've got instruments laying around the house, take an hour or two and chop up some notes!

If you are interested in contributing something, just email a .zip of your samples in .WAV format, tuned to some octave of C, to sleepytimejesse at gmail dot com, subject line something along the lines of "stj tiny orchestra samples". This pack will be given away for free but for your contribution I'll of course include your name and info in the read me!

Included so far:
Multiple flute articulations
Multiple octaves of piano
String quartet major chord
Single violin two octaves
Multiple octaves/articulations of nylon-string guitar
Sustained cello

Youngstown, OH

Can be non-orchestral instruments too, like a mandolin or chord organ or harmonica, pretty much whatever as long as it's an actual live instrument. I'm gonna be recording a little yamaha recorder I have laying around tonight.

Jackson, MI

can't contribute but this is such a good idea and i can't wait for it to happen heart

South Korea

I can record a Danso, it's a traditional Korean bamboo flute. How long do you need the samples to be?

Youngstown, OH

Awesome! And any length really. A lot of my samples are smaller than a second, half-second. If you think it's a good sound or long enough for someone to set a loop point in, it's probably fine!

Last edited by sleepytimejesse (Jun 25, 2014 5:18 am)

Indiana

are you looking for everything in 16/44? and would you like multiple octaves?

perth, WA

can we just do all sounds and make a kind of GM bank but for trackers?

Youngstown, OH
Fudgers wrote:

are you looking for everything in 16/44? and would you like multiple octaves?

yup yup standard fidelity and whatever octaves you like, just label them like [thing] low/[thing] middle/[thing] highest or whatever. And everyone is free to even re-record things I might have already done, they'll all have a different sound to them.

atomsmasha wrote:

You're welcome to maybe include my sounds in that but I'm just trying to do a specific sort of thing, don't really want to get into something huge like that myself, especially when relevant samples are plentiful out there on the 'net. Not to say it isn't a fine idea I just really don't want this to get crazy on my end.

Last edited by sleepytimejesse (Jun 25, 2014 5:17 am)

South Korea
atomsmasha wrote:

DUDE!!!!!! That is a great idea! It would be fantastic to have a General Midi sample pack for Piggy. VaporSkweeeCore or DIE!

jesse why are u my favorite oh duh because you are jesse martin

Youngstown, OH
defPREMIUM wrote:

jesse why are u my favorite oh duh because you are jesse martin

d'aw smile

Puerto Rico

Sent in some plucked violin and ocarina, this is such a great idea!

Puerto Rico

Would the odd hand percusion like clave sticks or tambourine be accepted, as well?

Youngstown, OH

Got your email! Awesome. And yeah sure, if you've got percussion instruments send them over! Hadn't thought about that but it's definitely a good idea

Boston, MA ---> London, UK

Hey, this is awesome! I can't contribute many orchestral/acoustic sounds for a few months, but I'd be interested if contributing if you were looking to do a more electronic sample pack.
smile
www.jamiebillingsaudio.com

Puerto Rico

Does it count as a necrobump if I come in here and...

(It'd be cool if more people submitted sounds and this came out)