Detroit, MI

Hey friends,

I've finished up this little do-dad today, that first song where lsdj's workflow finally clicks and everything makes sense. I dig the bassline, but my snare/kick combo sounds flat, any way I can give those more punch? or just general thoughts/comments/etc.

Thanks!

THIS IS THE LINK RIGHT HERE TO WHERE YOU CAN LISTEN TO THE SONG OKAY

Michigan

For your snare you could try a table with some TSP modulation and/or some stereo panning. I almost always throw pans on snares. In the table: first tick is center pan, second tick is left, third tick is right, fourth tick is center, fifth tick is blank, and the sixth tick is a H05. The one thing a pan snare is bad for is a roll. They just don't sound all that great when they're 6 ticks apart.

I like a triangle WAV kick pitched at C5 with a table that has PEE(always funny to me) in the command column and a K command somewhere down the table.

Don't be afraid to try a pulse kick in PU1 if you have space for it. Again pitched at C5, but with a shape of E4 or E5. You can get a pretty smooth kick, but you can add some timbre by messing with TSP or S commands in the table. You can add grit using a VFx command, but it can get a little crunchy.

I hope I offered some sort of help. Let me know if any of that info helps 'cause I know it changed how my stuff sounds.

Last edited by infodrive (Jun 26, 2014 5:41 am)

Michigan

Oh shit! I didn't realize who I was talking to; what up, Nursey?
I know we didn't get a chance to anything more than introduce ourselves at the Mario rave, but we should hang/collab soon dude.

Detroit, MI
infodrive wrote:

For your snare you could try a table with some TSP modulation and/or some stereo panning. I almost always throw pans on snares. In the table: first tick is center pan, second tick is left, third tick is right, fourth tick is center, fifth tick is blank, and the sixth tick is a H05. The one thing a pan snare is bad for is a roll. They just don't sound all that great when they're 6 ticks apart.

I like a triangle WAV kick pitched at C5 with a table that has PEE(always funny to me) in the command column and a K command somewhere down the table.

Don't be afraid to try a pulse kick in PU1 if you have space for it. Again pitched at C5, but with a shape of E4 or E5. You can get a pretty smooth kick, but you can add some timbre by messing with TSP or S commands in the table. You can add grit using a VFx command, but it can get a little crunchy.

I hope I offered some sort of help. Let me know if any of that info helps 'cause I know it changed how my stuff sounds.

Yeah, this helps out a lot! Thanks a bunch man. I'm pretty stoked to write some more stuff~

infodrive wrote:

Oh shit! I didn't realize who I was talking to; what up, Nursey?
I know we didn't get a chance to anything more than introduce ourselves at the Mario rave, but we should hang/collab soon dude.

That'd be sick! I know, I'm not the best person to talk to at loud events, my default tone is "really quiet."