Also, running from command line I was getting some messages about font missing. At work now so I can't check but might be a hint!

Montreal, Canada

Erm.. apparently going in and out of fullscreen mode blue screens Windows.

That font missing thing is just because some themes don't have their own fonts so they revert back to the default fonts from the default theme.

That blue screen thing is most likely because of the drivers and if not, then it's because of SDL and if that isn't it, then it's because of me, in that order. After I got a new computer I noticed SDL is not exactly perfect when it comes to changing display modes etc. at least on my Nvidia card.

I just learned klystrack compiles on a Mac quite easily.

Tokyo, Japan

Yah, minikomi told me too! Any progress on high cpu useage?

Tokyo, Japan

Woo, just noticed a couple of bugfixes and transpose got added!

Any progress on high cpu useage?

Well, I was just thinking maybe I just should start migrating to SDL 2.0 which basically makes it simple to draw with OpenGL which should make things faster. Now it's 100 % software rendering and even the slowest available GPU should do render everything better.

Tokyo, Japan

That would be awesome! Is it tough to migrate?

Montreal, Canada

While you're knee deep in the code... let me just recap those few bugs since they're probably lost 6 pages ago now:

- Pressing 'loop current pattern' when the cursor in on a channel with no patterns will just make the 64th row of the previous pattern loop.

- CTRL-K sometimes clones the wrong pattern and it doesn't even show up in the sequence. Not too sure about the steps on this one, but it happens quite a lot during long editing sessions.

And some suggestions:

- Use the [ = ] keys for notes on the top octave, since they're not used anyways.
- Add a "clone entire row" command to make a clone of every pattern on the same row in the sequencer, instead of having to CTRL-K every single channel one by one.
- Make it possible to block-select across channels
- Disable the "drum" option on blank default instruments. Even if it's a useful option, most instruments don't use it so why have it there by default?
- Still wish the noise had its own pitch setting independant from the other oscillators smile

Tokyo, Japan
n00bstar wrote:

- Still wish the noise had its own pitch setting independant from the other oscillators smile

And osc volume?

I'll try to fit all that in. At least the editor desync weirdness, I have been trying to weed that out.

The thing with the migration is that I can't do that in phases, it's all or nothing. Luckily I have at least some abstraction that helps in it.

What really also annoys me is that Google Code stopped hosting files so I can't just run this nice .bat and make everything build and upload automatically, also that I got a new computer so for some reason Windows just doesn't allow PKZIP to compress the nightly so I need to do that manually pretty much. So it's almost like it's too much work to change the tiniest thing. smile

Tokyo, Japan

yay! Did the turning off VU meters option help with performance at all?

The other things on my wishlist would be

1 - wav presets

2 - colors or names for the boxes in the sequencer to make things a bit clearer

With the last major one being a UI overhaul.

also thanks SO much for keeping development up. We will try and keep the amazing tunes coming!

I have an idea for wave presets where you can create one-cycle waves but I rather change the rendering to OpenGL first. That should make rendering differently colored but otherwise similar items easy to add, for example when drawing the pattern boxes. I guess disabling VU meters improve performance by something like 3 percent in cases they would all be in full volume and there were dozens of channels visible. smile

Good news. I just got everything running so that I can just switch on OpenGL rendering. Generally, colored patterns and faster text rendering should be coming up tomorrow or later next week.

(Add the usual 50-5000 % worth of delays and vaporware to that)

Tokyo, Japan

Oh my gawd! Yay