Matthew Joseph Payne

Hot damn! Can't wait!

Taichung, Taiwan

Nice!

hamburg, germany

yeah! looking very forward!

Australia
potato-tan wrote:

Thank you for the update! It's a shame to hear about the difference in sound, but I'm glad to see the project in full motion. Good luck with the remainder of the project, and I hope your show goes well!

Cheers mate.  Don't worry about the difference in sound. That's the whole reason you run it on the real console!  I'm just listening to some stuff I've done and it sounds exactly as I expected it.  It's just on the low notes at low sample rates - this strange magical breath kinda carries the notes and rubs off the shiny edge on the actual console.  But it sounds near spot on in both environments.  Put it this way - you put it in BSNES or an SPC replayer and it sounds slightly different again!  As I mentioned before, it's on the cards to profile the output on a few SNES revisions and do an FFT or something on the output pin.  We might even add the shitty hum in as an option :-P   But we'll get to that part post-beta.

Last edited by cTrix (Jul 11, 2014 8:03 pm)

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:52 am)

Australia

Seeing there seems to be interest... (thanks guys!) I've just whipped this little video up of a track I've been working on tonight.  (and a second track on the credits I made previously in an earlier build)

Was testing : Pitch bends, note slides, ASDR fine details, tuning checks with short cycle samples and data packing ratios on export.  Everything worked mostly as planned - although just submitted a major bug report surrounding the arpeggiator command (hehehe, I broke it bigtime ferris!!)  But it's a fun little test tune this one... might finish it one day :-)

Last edited by cTrix (Jul 11, 2014 8:29 pm)

Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

Wow. Amazing work you guys. I can't even stand it.

I need this in my life.

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:49 am)

Medina, Ohio

Sounds so rad big_smile

I can't even describe how excited this video makes me.

Kingdom of Glitches

I sorta made this while looking at this thread a while back, and could this possible be used for the Tracker Logo or something in that field?

New York, New York

Awesome!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Damn, this is coming along Great. Been trying to hold off, but after watching your last vid a couple times, started hunting ebay!
Yogi

Kingdom of Glitches

Anything new, an update on the Tracker or anything?

Personally, if they can just update the SNESMOD converter to include noise channels, pitch mod and ADSR envelopes, that would be enough for me.  I prefer using something like OpenMPT or Schism to make the tracks and then just converting.  Combining the DSP Editor in SPCTool with SNESMOD allows you to get the values you need for the FIR filter and listening to how it affects the echo in real-time.

Anyway, yeah, I'm new here, but I saw this project and just had to say I'm really thrilled to see this.  Keep up the great work fellas!

Australia
Glitch_King wrote:

Anything new, an update on the Tracker or anything?

Give us 3 weeks (hahaha).  You won't see the track but you WILL see + hear something rad in a SNES ground brk-ing way.  Still working on teh tracker!!  Getting it functional enough to work.  it's gonner be 2015 x

djDarkX wrote:

.  I prefer using something like OpenMPT or Schism to make the tracks and then just converting.  Combining the DSP Editor in SPCTool with SNESMOD allows you to get the values you need for the FIR filter and listening to how it affects the echo in real-time.

Yeah man - I love OpenMPT also.  Segamusix (the lead dev) is one of my German drinking chip-bro's when I'm in EU.  Also one of the best peeps in the universe.

We (ferris & I) looked at doing XM import or something like that, but we are more focused on making a tool which is a good tracker from the outset... uses standard command sets (like OpenMPT) but gives WYHIWYG access to all the SNES internals.  We are working on our own UI for Envolopes and DSP.

You'll love this shiz man - trust me!  There's just lots of data mashing to deal with - the SNES does some wierd shit.  And also not launching without a live mode so people can rock out on stage with it.  All very well opening up the "SNES wave"... be we want to open up "the SNES wave which rocked"

Also, Welcome to the community :-)

Last edited by cTrix (Oct 4, 2014 11:51 am)