Central Pennsyltucky

Sold before dinner...
So here's one for $75 including shipping (USPS Priority to the U.S.), and the power supply in the pic. (call it a "used once" discount).

This one is a standard M1 NTSC (meaning U.S. composite for TV or projector) with a sound-trigger input. Has little rubber pads, or it's ready to go in a case.

Video looks like the one shot off my TV in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1XsLRrQc3Y

PM with Qs.

Last edited by vblank (Jul 21, 2014 9:25 pm)

matt's mind

pm'd wink

matt's mind

oh, also....  i'd make sure to get the eeePC from a place which will accept a return.  i've had very bad luck with them myself.  but some people really love them, so meh

Central Pennsyltucky

Thanks for the heads-up Matt, info is in your inbox.
I was wondering if the eeePCs were flakey. I loved my Dell mini10, but it was as sturdy as a leaf of lettuce. I reformatted it monthly and had the case off 2 or 3 times for repairs.

Maybe I'll keep going with the Ras-Pi and get a better keyboard case. I'm porting some Vj stuff to Linux, but the rats-nest of cables and accessories on the Pi is a drag when I'm playing out.

IL, US

the acer netbooks hold up well, worth looking at

Central Pennsyltucky

I'll take a look at the acer, and shop around a bit more.. Thanks both for the input. Someone needs to make a 7" Toughbook. My milspec lasted 12 years, many shows and trips, and I sold it running fine. 10lbs added a lot to the kit though!

For the rest... The Pocket VBLANK M1 is sold.

Central Pennsyltucky

@e.s.c.
--good call on the acer's. I found a Acer C7 chromebook for a few bucks more ($100 shipped) and after flashing the bios and throwing Xubuntu on it, I have a nice dual-core linux lappy in my hands! This is one of the few laptops I've seen in years that you can swap out parts with a Phillips head  and the firmware overwrite is published - cool!

Now off to dosbox & messing with the video out.

IL, US

nice, im not sure on the chromebooks, but the older acers were pretty hackintosh friendly too smile