5. escape pod 02:28
6. distance 02:46
7. datastream 02:36
8. soundwaves 02:50
9. wanderer 03:01
10. red star 04:01

Digital download : $7
CD $10 (+ $3 worldwide shipping)

Exactly 1 year ago, n00bstar released "operat0r", easily one of my favorite albums! This is the rather spectacular follow up.

Music & Art : n00bstar

Also from n00bstar, the first album operat0r and the EP Recycled Material

› Cheapbeats Records Catalogue

Good work on the intro track! Bought!

(Also rest of the tracks.)

Montreal, Canada

w00t smile

Apparently there's a little problem with the bonus material (source files) not getting included with the download at the moment. If you purchase the album and you're not getting the sources, PM on facebook, or here I guess, and I'll mail them to you.

There's also supposed to be a special bundle price if you buy both albums, but that doesn't seem to be online as well. Lazybeat is looking into it at the moment. Again, if you want the bundle, there's a way to retroactively make it happen via emails and whatnot, so don't hesitate to contact me or Cheapbeats directly with threats and insults.

Michigan

How did you record the intro? It sounds nearly identical to that on the Clockwork Orange OST.

Montreal, Canada

All of my chipmusic (well.. so far at least) is just pure Klystrack with nothing else. I just dump to .wav and then I do a bit of "mastering" in Cubase, which is really just some compression and a bit of EQ. Otherwise it's all Klystrack making that noise.

As for sounding almost like the original track, I did try for as much fidelity as possible to W. Carlos' amazing work. I really just wanted to see if I could get Klystrack to sound close-ish to those big ass modular used for the OST. I was quite happy with the results to be honest.

Michigan
n00bstar wrote:

All of my chipmusic (well.. so far at least) is just pure Klystrack with nothing else. I just dump to .wav and then I do a bit of "mastering" in Cubase, which is really just some compression and a bit of EQ. Otherwise it's all Klystrack making that noise.

As for sounding almost like the original track, I did try for as much fidelity as possible to W. Carlos' amazing work. I really just wanted to see if I could get Klystrack to sound close-ish to those big ass modular used for the OST. I was quite happy with the results to be honest.

"Close-ish?" You fooled me. tongue
the others are great though. I had time to listen through the rest of it.

Montreal, Canada
Jazzmarazz wrote:

"Close-ish?" You fooled me. tongue

Haha, if you listen to both back to back though, the difference is more evident. It's very close, but my version doesn't have that creamy analogue goodness to it.

South Dakota

Very nice sir. smile

Tokyo, Japan
n00bstar wrote:

w00t smile

Apparently there's a little problem with the bonus material (source files) not getting included with the download at the moment. If you purchase the album and you're not getting the sources, PM on facebook, or here I guess, and I'll mail them to you.

There's also supposed to be a special bundle price if you buy both albums, but that doesn't seem to be online as well. Lazybeat is looking into it at the moment. Again, if you want the bundle, there's a way to retroactively make it happen via emails and whatnot, so don't hesitate to contact me or Cheapbeats directly with threats and insults.

What happened here is, I mailed bandcamp a while back and asked if we could upload .zip files (which you normally can't) they said yes so we included a ZIP of all the source files for operat0r. I uploaded all the files for big wh00p but band camp have apparently removed the ability to upload ZIPs from our account which I wasn't expecting. I mailed them about it last night, should hopefully have this sorted out in a day or two then you will be able to redownload the album, with the source files included.

Not being able to upload zips also stopped us from doing the bundle we were hoping to do. That will also be sorted this week. Sorry guys!

matt's mind

would you rather just update people here/email about when it gets fixed, or have us try to reach out to you?

i've deleted the download link email already....  that's the only issue i see with this whole setup.  not sure how to access that dl link again...

however, despite all this, WHAT AN AMAZING RELEASE.  thoroughly enjoying this

Tokyo, Japan

Once we sort it out, I will post here and facebook. I will also PM everyone download codes to the new album!

Clermont-Ferrand, France

Amazing release, congrats.
Makes me want to look into Klystrack.

Last edited by PleaseLoseBattle (Jul 22, 2014 8:47 am)

Montreal, Canada

@kitsch
It's as you wish, you can wait for David to sort it out with bandcamp and get a new download link, or you can reach me directly on facebook and I'll email the sources to you along with a sexy picture of David in a bikini doing a pose on a bear skin in front of a fireplace:)

@PleaseLoseBattle
Merci! smile Klystrack vaut definitivement un coup d'oeil, meme si c'est parfois un peu tout croche tongue

Montreal, Canada

Hmm so there's an error in the track list... track 2 should be called syndrome.

*frowns at lazybeat*

Can anyone who downloaded it tell me if the tracks are named properly in the download?  smile

Medina, Ohio

Just letting you know, the hyperlink is messed up in the spoiler. For CB019, It goes to omnia disc 1 instead of 2

Tokyo, Japan

Thanks for heads up fixed!