Ohio, USA

Wholesome Family Music, inspired by Kool Skull, Wizwars, and similar artists, has released a debut EP with 4 tracks, filled with "chipthrash" music that is noisy, fast-paced, and, at times, a little chaotic. And best of all, it's free! You can download the EP (or any individual songs you want) on Bandcamp.

Programmed on a Gameboy running Nanoloop v1.6.3 and edited and mastered in Garageband.

Edit: I've noticed that when the tracks were uploaded to Bandcamp, they were a bit compressed in quality and seemed to have lost a lot of low-end bass frequencies. I'm trying to solve this, and I may even delete the album and reupload it in better quality if I find a solution. I uploaded the songs in lossless format, though, so I don't know why this occurred.

Last edited by Wholesome Family Music (Jul 22, 2014 1:36 pm)

South Korea

Nanoloop chipthrash? Fuck yes!!!! This is fantastic! More? Please?

Abandoned on Fire

Grabbing this to check out on my lunch break!  smile

Wholesome Family Music wrote:

I've noticed that when the tracks were uploaded to Bandcamp, they were a bit compressed in quality and seemed to have lost a lot of low-end bass frequencies. I'm trying to solve this, and I may even delete the album and reupload it in better quality if I find a solution. I uploaded the songs in lossless format, though, so I don't know why this occurred.

Don't worry about that.  The streaming quality on Bandcamp is kinda low but when someone downloads the album they get high quality in whatever format they choose.  wink

Ohio, USA
DeerPresident wrote:

Nanoloop chipthrash? Fuck yes!!!! This is fantastic! More? Please?

Glad you liked it! Yeah, I noticed that virtually NO Nanoloop chipthrash exists (or really much Nanoloop chipmusic either AMIRITE GUYS?), so I took it upon myself to make some lol. Nanoloop needs some love...

Ohio, USA
egr wrote:

Grabbing this to check out on my lunch break!  smile

Wholesome Family Music wrote:

I've noticed that when the tracks were uploaded to Bandcamp, they were a bit compressed in quality and seemed to have lost a lot of low-end bass frequencies. I'm trying to solve this, and I may even delete the album and reupload it in better quality if I find a solution. I uploaded the songs in lossless format, though, so I don't know why this occurred.

Don't worry about that.  The streaming quality on Bandcamp is kinda low but when someone downloads the album they get high quality in whatever format they choose.  wink

Oh that's good. BTW I'll probably change the rights to Creative Commons if anyone even cares.

Abandoned on Fire

One of the original and still unequaled chipthrash albums was made with Nanoloop: http://datathrash.bandcamp.com/album/dropping-a-deuce

Ohio, USA
egr wrote:

One of the original and still unequaled chipthrash albums was made with Nanoloop: http://datathrash.bandcamp.com/album/dropping-a-deuce

Didn't know he made that with nanoloop! Ok I stand corrected then