No Particular Place

There is a time when you want to plug in a headphones jack to a gameboy that flips open and closed like a flip phone and fit in your pocket, but... There is no headphones jack. And if you have to charge it if you do get the silly little wires to make a headphones jack, You can't do a live show, no way no how no when no where just no. concert. So, is there a Multi-functional Splitter? Port extender that has a split to the headphones jack and the actual charging port? or do I have to design one myself? (With what no skills I have) or do I mod for a pro-sound auxiliary jack?

IL, US

they exist, but are probably harder to find these days... there was one that came with some shitty earbuds that might still be a little easier to track down than the ones sold on their own, but gba sp hasnt been sold in years, so itll take some serious searching at this point

Turku, FIN

I have one of those splitter adapters and they are basically useless for live show since it produces so much noise..

Santa Cruz, California

Research, then mod.
The shitty headphone solution that Nintendo provided us for the SP sucks 100 horse dicks... in a row.
You'll be better off building your own jack. This will most likely involve some serious case modification (ie. grafting jack housing into the existing shell) not impossible, but some forethought needs to go into it.

That's my two cents.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Jul 28, 2014 4:44 pm)

Hai hai, there are headphone things for the link port, buuuuut, they are hard to find. I'd recommend searching your local game store, they are fairly easy to mod into a headphone jack.

You could also open it up and attack a 3.5mm extender to the copper plates the speaker is attached too, you are gonna need to solder, and sacrifice a cable tho.

There are a ton of them on Amazon and ebay but the general consensus seems to be that they suck.

IL, US
KeFF wrote:

I have one of those splitter adapters and they are basically useless for live show since it produces so much noise..

it depends on which one you have.. the weird one i have (think it came with some shitty datel earbuds) seems to add no significant noise.. mine is sort of maroon/crimson in color and has the power jack underneath the headphone jack .. i'll take a picture of it this weekend, but all my stuff is packed to move in two days at the moment