I can't seem to find this anywhere but... what's the difference between the gb transferer 1 and the gb transferer 2?

Michigan

The difference is internal, not immediately noticeable. They changed parts, removed a bug or two. The similarities are that they are buth difficult to use. tongue
Do you have a Transferer or are you looking to get one?

What I can tell you is that I have a few USB programmers left over. If you don't want one of those, then Nitro2k01 also has a newer and better one called Altane.

Someone on the lsdj mailing list is looking to unload one for the cost of shipping but it's a 1 and i only see stuff for the 2.  Should i just pass on it?

Michigan

For the cost of shipping, I'll take it. tongue

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You can always just get a USB parallel port.

Sweeeeeeden
jefftheworld wrote:

Nope. Those won't work with Transferers.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
nitro2k01 wrote:
jefftheworld wrote:

Pretty sure it works with the transferer 2, I've seen someone use it at a show.

EDIT: One of those USB printer port ones probably won't work but a proper compliant parallel port ought to work. If it says that it's fully IEEE 1284 compliant it should work, right?

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jul 30, 2014 1:22 am)

Michigan
jefftheworld wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

Pretty sure it works with the transferer 2, I've seen someone use it at a show.

EDIT: One of those USB printer port ones probably won't work but a proper compliant parallel port ought to work. If it says that it's fully IEEE 1284 compliant it should work, right?

I honestly dont think they can do that. I have only ever seen "fully USB 1.1 compliant." tongue

I passed on the transferer 1 if anyone else was interested. It was posted on the LSDJ mailing list https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/lsdj/info I've just been spending too much money lately.

Michigan

Can you share my email with the guy? I tried to register and I never get through!
Apple2ja (at) cmich. (edu)

Done. I CC'd you on a message to them :-)

Michigan

thanks!