Minneapolis, MN

UPDATE: The video is out! See it here: FireFlower: An Original 8-bit Musical Comedy Video

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, I'm part of a new musical called FireFlower that features 8-bit chiptune music!

I figured this would be a great place to spread the word.

FireFlower is an original musical comedy set in a 1980s video game. Follow a plucky hero as he gathers a group of friends on his quest to save the princess. Accompanied by an original 8-bit score. Fun for all ages!

We've created an IndieGoGo campaign to help offset costs of props, costumes, and what-not, and of course donations would be appreciated but not required, but really you should go there and check out the video to see what it's all about!

FireFlower: An Original Musical Comedy

And perhaps of even more interest, we have a new video explaining a bit about the process of creating the music using FamiTracker:
Fireflower Video blog: An Unusual Orchestra

The musical will be performed during the Minnesota Fringe Festival where we have 5 scheduled performances!

FireFlower - Fringe site - Get tickets here

Also, check us out on:
Facebook: FireFlowerMusical
Twitter: @miniaturemoon

FireFlower was written by my friend, Marty Brueggemann. The music was also composed by Marty and sequenced in FamiTracker by his brothers, Will and Karl, of the Super Marcato Bros.

Here's the schedule:
Saturday, August 2nd 1pm
Sunday, August 3rd 10pm
Monday, August 4th 8:30pm
Thursday, August 7th 8:30pm
Sunday, August 10th 2:30pm

(330 21st Ave S, Minneapolis, MN)

Also, just a note, even if you don't live in or near Minnesota, we hope to bring the musical to you in digital format eventually. This is where the donations would help us the most. smile

Anyway, I hope you guys are as excited as I am about it!

Last edited by Turbo852 (Jan 6, 2015 2:43 am)

Whoa, sounds awesome! Wish I were in MN around that time, but I just left last week. Hope you guys come to NY, or at least get that digital badassness rocking. Good luck guys!

Minneapolis, MN

O_O something chiptune related in MN!?!?!?!!!???!

THERE IS A GOD!!!

Minneapolis, MN

L-tron, I'm sorry to hear you won't be around. If we're successful enough, who knows, maybe we could tour, but we'll have to wait and see.

TEOMAWKI, I'm glad to hear you're excited!

We just had our tech rehearsal yesterday and all I can say is that the show is going to be awesome!

And Minnesota Public Radio just posted their list of ten shows not to miss and we're one of them! MPR: Ten shows not to miss

For some more pictures, you should check out Marty's Instagram: Martybmusic

He's got some cool photos of some of the props and costumes!

Last edited by Turbo852 (Jul 30, 2014 6:21 pm)

Minneapolis, MN

Just a quick update!

Our first performance is tomorrow at 1 PM! They close the doors right at the start time, so get there early! They don't allow late seating.

Fox 9 News ran a segment that mentioned us this morning! I didn't get to see it, but it's pretty exciting!

Also, Marty did an interview for a local blogger and gave some really interesting and detailed background on the inspiration for our show and some of the creative processes. Check it out! FireFlower Interview

South Dakota

Yet again so close.... dammit

Minneapolis, MN

Another update! The first performance went really well! We have the second one tonight!

Some reviews have come in! Check them out: Go to the bottom and click on Read the Reviews

Also, there's still some time to donate. Some of the perks include digital or physical versions of the soundtrack, so even if you can't attend, you can still get the music! I think that might be one of the best ways to go. 9 hours left to get them!

Donate here to get posters/soundtrack and more!

We really do hope to get video of a performance as well for all who can't make it!

Minnesota

I wish I saw this earlier D:

Minneapolis, MN

Another review came in by the Twin Cities Daily Planet! Check it out!

Also, there are two performances left (Thursday and Sunday) and one of them will be recorded! I don't have any timetable, but I'm hoping we can share the result with everyone once it is ready.

I'm looking forward to seeing this on Sunday!

Minneapolis, MN

Looking forward to our final show today at 2:30 PM! Remember, get there early because they will close the doors and there is no late seating!

Alkaline Infection, I hope you like it!

Really great show! Looking forward to the sequel.

Minneapolis, MN

Thanks for coming! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

I'm also happy to announce that we did manage to record our performance from Thursday. It will probably still be awhile until the video is ready, but I'll let everyone know when it is ready. We may have gotten a few camera angles and may attempt to edit them for better effect. I haven't gotten to see any footage myself just yet so I really don't know.