Northwest Montana

Hello. I just started out making chiptunes yesterday. I am really bad at it. I needed some inspiration to get started. So I went and picked up one of my favorite songs; Sicut cervus. This is a wonderful example of great Renaissance imitative polyphony. It is also a bad example of a chiptune. However, I want someone to listen to it and help me out. If you want the file to edit or remix ask me. I really have no idea what i'm doing. Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/gradythegreat-2

Last edited by GradyTheGreat (Aug 8, 2014 5:57 pm)

Northwest Montana

Any comments about the piece would be appreciated. I just want some feed back and maybe some advice.
Thanks.

USA

Have you tried writing your own music?

What are you using to make your music?

I don't want to nitpick everything that could be done differently in this track because even if you made it perfect or amazing I don't know if it would represent you.

What would you like to sound like or make, what affects you emotionally, what is it that you would like to do with your artwork, what is it that you would like to do, or where would you like to be? Those decisions are yours. Some things you have to do/learn for yourself but once you decide what it is that you want/need others may help you attain those dreams.

I'm not enlightened or anything so please just make your own decisions on what to do.

Keep at it and keep posting your stuff on here.

Northwest Montana

Thanks for the comment. I took your advice and made a track all my own. I will put the link further down in my post. I also have a question for whoever uses Famitracker. When writing in Famitracker i experience what I see to be a problem. Upon playback, I discover that some of my notes have disappeared. They are there on the screen but they don't play. I have to end up putting note cut-offs in between all of my notes toe even get the note to sound. Also I have problems with figuring out a time signature. I dont know if this is possible of not. If it is i would like some help on how to make one.
Thanks.

https://soundcloud.com/gradythegreat-2/ … -set-ready