This is my first post on this site, so I'm sorry if this whole thing is in the wrong section, but I'm really bad at reading forum rules.

Anyway, I was involved in a chiptune-only music group called Chippendales ("those hunky male chippers!") on Amiga. We released 33 tunes (actually 37, as one release was an EP). Our memberlist consisted of Zandax, Chavez, Beathawk, Vent, Abaddon, Goto80, Curt Cool and yours truly. We also had guest releases every now and then.

Back then chipmusic was very unfashionable and - to be honest - nobody in the demoscene gave a shit about what we were doing. We were almost 10 years too late for Amiga scene (demo/intro packs, crack intros etc), and 10 years too early for the current chipmusic craze. Other thing that stopped our ride was the ongoing email threaths coming from the lawyer of the Chippendales [tm] male strip group smile

Here are 2 soundcloud sets of all the tunes we released:
https://soundcloud.com/chippendales-1/cnd1
https://soundcloud.com/chippendales-1/cnd2

Original MOD files are to be found at:  www.fairlight.fi/chippendales/

Some of the songs are merely loopable 4 pattern ditties, as were most of the chiptunes in the early 90s. Another sidenote: my tunes in the bunch are mostly terrible, but they are some of the earliest chiptunes I've made.

I hope you enjoy these tunes, as there are some really nice ones included.

Last edited by tempest (Aug 15, 2014 7:29 pm)

Amigaland

cool story.

i wouldn't be chiptuning today were it not for the likes of tempest, goto80, and chavez circa 2002.

Joliette, QC, Canada

Wow Tempest on cm.org !!! Welcome !!!
Thanks for the link, always nice to have new mods to run on my amiga and there a lot of great musicians in this one ! big_smile

Brooklyn NY US

Whoa, what's up Tempest!

detroit

oh wow this is incredible. welcome!~

California

Oh man, this is cool! Welcome to cm.o!

Nomad's Land

Yes! This is some of the most beautiful Amiga chipstuff I've ever heard. Thanks for sharing.

Whoa Tempest - this is rad!!

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Bit Shifter wrote:

Whoa, what's up Tempest!

Getting back in bleep business smile

BK

Holy cow hey Tempest! Long time fan smile I will definitely check this out next time I'm at my pc.

Holland

Nice to see you here tempest!

killadelphia

Legendary.

Austria

Tempest - for sure one of the biggest Chip Heroes big_smile Great stuff smile