Tokyo, Japan

woo hoo!

Psydney, Australia

holy shit!

It sadly keeps crashing for me on 64bit Win 8.1. Just says that the program doesn't work anymore. sad

I think I found one possible bug that could make it crash on some systems. Also, I have been working on the wavegen more, you can now select presets that include the OPL waveforms for some fake Adlib (Fakelib?) sounds. Gonna finally add the pattern color selector tonight.

The solar system .o.

i love klystrack!  it's like I've found the tracker of my dreams :3  I had trouble compiling it for 64bit linux (and the 32bit binary was old and super laggy) but after fixing some wonky make errors and adding fixing a few weird bugs that are apparently only present on 64bit compilations, it's working and I love it~ (the cool cat-o-meter still seems broken though o~o)

i heard there was some kind of midi support, but i'm guessing that's only for windows?  the one thing that I would love to have added the most is midi support, including support for linux.  the ability to control it externally is the biggest reason that I think midi support would be the most powerful addition.

i imagine midi channels would correspond with the tracker channels, midi patch change commands would correspond with setting the current instrument for that channel, and i think it would be sooo cool to be able to control synth parameters, like with something like right click a control -> learn binding -> move the midi control

and i've seen it mentioned before, but a live screen would be amazing too,  but i still think midi is more important, because then at least you can have external live midi loopers controlling it

Tokyo, Japan

Do oyu happen to have a shareable version with the bugs fixed? Im also on 64 bit linux and couldnt get it to compile....

The solar system .o.

sure!  could I send you a binary?  if so, what would be the best way to do that?

Hi guys,

I have been slacking with those fixes and also generally overall so sorry about that. But thanks a lot for finding out why it did that! I will check those in the source code as soon as just looking at the project folder doesn't annoy me.

Tokyo, Japan

Just a quick bump to see if the linux bug fixed version is around anywhere? heart

A fix would be awesome. I'd love to play around with the wavegen. heart

It just might be that Santa has been listening and is on the way. Looking at the thread for those huge n00bstar lists so I might fit some quick fixes in.

Montreal, Canada
MegaLoler wrote:

i imagine midi channels would correspond with the tracker channels, midi patch change commands would correspond with setting the current instrument for that channe

Depends if you're talking about output or input. For outputting midi from Klystrack to whatever else, then yeah a single tracker channel could act as a midi channel, and whatever note/instrument data gets passed on although midi program changes are slow as fuck and nobody in their right mind in this age of DAWs that can control space and time and molecules and quarks and whatnot would make a synth switch patches instead of simply running another synth on the side.

But for input, you're better off with assigning midi channels directly to instruments. Think of each instrument in a tracker as its own little VSTi. If you set your instrument #4 to midi channel 5, then whatever midi data gets sent on channel 5 is picked up by instrument #4. And for channel 10 (drums default) you could assign an instrument per note so you can build a drumkit on a single channel. But for me though, MIDI is the last thing I care about for Klystrack. The software does everything I need it to do "in the box" so I don't care one bit about controlling it with something else, or have it control something external. I'd rather have a live "dj" screen with two songs and loop tools.

My current list of wishes and whatnots:
- Fix song timer. It stops working after a while and stays at zero. I recently had to compose a shit ton of songs of a particular length and this proved to be annoying as all fuck.
- In the FX screen, show which instruments are 'connected' to each particular effect.
- Ability to load/save effect settings in the FX screen. Seriously... the delay/reverb unit is super useful, but the "automatic controls" for it are shit and never, ever result with a tempo-synced delay. It takes for fucking ever to edit a proper synced delay when you have two values to edit per tap.
- Song clean-up tools: Zap all instruments, Zap all pattern data, Zap unused patts, unused instruments, etc.
- More control over the FM parameters directly from the Command column
- Better volume control in the wave editor (normalize and normalize 1/4 isn't enough... we'd be better off with +10% and -10% buttons)
- A command like CTRL-U that inserts a new unused pattern on every channel at the current position
- Same idea, but with CTRL-K. Clone patterns on every channel at the current position
- Copy/pasting of data in the sequence editor is wonky when a block starts with an empty pattern. For example if I copy 4 patterns on channel 0: 01-02-03-04, it will paste: 01-02-03-04. But if I copy [empty]-[empty]-01-02 it will only paste: 01-02.
- Fix the XM/MOD import. For some reason it crashes now. Was ok just a few versions ago.
- Switching between pattern lengths and starting new songs fucks up the pattern length. If you edit a song with a pattern length of 30 for example, then save that, start a new song, put the patt length to 40 and start putting empty patterns in the sequenecer, you'll notice they are created at a length of 30. You can manually re-adjust them but that's a pain in the neck and needs to be done on every pattern, its simpler to just restart the program.

That's about it I think.... otherwise 1276 has been very stable so far and I'm quite happy with it!

Tokyo, Japan

I really like those changes, if possible I would like to get the bugfixes on the 64 bit linux version that Megaloler mentioned a little while back merged into the main codebase. The current build is really kind of poppy and crackly

Tokyo, Japan

Woo! Lots of interesting changes!

https://code.google.com/p/klystrack/source/list

Ok here you go again:

https://code.google.com/p/klystrack/

* You can set the oversampling quality in prefs, trades slightly worse sound for more speed
* Added the multichannel pattern clone thing (SHIFT+CTRL+U/K, single channel is without SHIFT)
* Song timer should not reset anymore after longer sessions
* Sequence pasting fixed (no multichannel copy yet though)
* Boost +/- 1 dB for wavetable
* Fruity rainbow patterns

Includes a 64-bit Linux build!

I'll look into further fixes after Christmas. n00bstar, can you provide me a module that crashes? Nothing happened with a few classic Amiga mods, perhaps this is one of those things that crash on only some systems...

Last edited by kometbomb (Dec 23, 2014 3:17 pm)

Montreal, Canada

w00t!!! fixes!

For the mod import... I just tested it, I might've been confused, the MOD import is actually ok, and it's only the XM that will not import right now. I've tried it with many XM files (original ones, made on FT2 in the 90s) and they all crashed when trying to import. I'll email one to you!